19,7 or National discrimination build

Jemar

Hi guys. I had same issue as Trueknight here - no single soviet soldier after 30+ game restarts. I tried changing "chance" of getting soviet union soldiers in soldiernames.xml by setting it to 100 or even 1000 without any noticeable results.

Then I took a closer look at my roster. After each resturt I got roughly 60% americans, 30% canadians, rest were british, hungarian or

german. This are the nations, whose <Nation /> tags are located above soviet union. Opening up this file in notepad++ I saw that there are a few </Nation> tags misplaced in this file. I removed them and also rearranged nations so SU was at the top. Did same with soldiernamesfemale.xml, that had similar issues. Now I get pretty logical distribution of nations in-game.

I hope developers will fix this in next version though.

Yep, there are extra </Nation> tag places before Soviet Union, Greek and Finland which are keeping everybody from getting any nation listed after Soviet Union. Also, under Soviet Union, <LastName>Zaretsky</LastName> was misspelled which was causing my game to crash upon creating a new game.

OK - so here's the two fixed soldier name files. Just unzip this .zip to your /assets/ folder and overwrite the existing files: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26290309/names.zip

This will be included in the next update, but is makes the missing nationalities appear and has rebalanced the national soldier distribution a bit so it's more even. Enjoy.