No "alien plasma cannon" for xenonauts?

It seems strange that you can't make the equivalent of alien plasma cannons for your troops. My bazooka-equipped soldiers would worship you for sure. Long-range and accurately-delivered explosives are awesome way to clean area of that troublesome cover pesky aliens crouch behind. Plus, my bazooka guys are begging you to make rocks destroyable. I believe they look at it as personal insult that no matter how many shots they launch at it, its still there.

BTW, is it only my imagination or plasma cannons are much weaker and with smaller area of effect then bazookas?

I have to disagree on the rocket launcher equivalent - I can do some tests but I am pretty sure rocket launcher is conciderably *more* powerful, and it has bigger range, which makes it very useful for clearing your way to the target or area suppression. On the other hand, you can only shoot one rocket per turn, unless your soldiers are extremely experienced (TU: 30fire+40reload+30fire = 100 TUs). I have seen aliens shooting twice, maybe even three times, but that could be my mistake. On the downside, it seems to me their version is very weak. Wolf armor has no problem shrugging of repeated hits.

Any word if rocks can be made destroyable?