Set Missiles and Torpedoes to Standby by Default

Nobody said we are food, thats your assumption. Nobody said whats dangerous to them is to us, nobody said that the ressources we value are of their interest. You assume too much in your earthian POV.

Also why have a slow war of attrition, if you can overcome in a single attack, of clones, after having softened the possible torns.

And who say aliens arent getting slow on supply, and time, isn t a constraint.

In Aftermath, once anihilated, we were under their radar and/or considered unworthy of attention, unable to be a real threat, until we start twarting the terraforming. What i agree, is that maybe a second Biological threat should have been brought down, when we gained amplitude and showed more resistance, and our bases should have been targeted more.

Aftermath altough imperfect in its settings, has the more plausible behavior Aliens would have in all the Xcom and Xcom succesors explanation, IMHO.

We offered resistance the aliens were weak in number and offer us a truce...

Back to Xcom...

OTOH the aliens masterminds may have got arrogant in their previous successes, since they already have dominated various worlds and species.

Or the formulae is known a winning one, so why change. We only try to adapt when something generate treat or uneasiness, but thats a human mind behavior, isn t it ?

Clones must be cheap asset so why bother until the ultimate attack ? What are hundreds when you got (maybe) millions.

Whoever know no near failure, doesn t bother himself until threatened.

But it would be interesting that when we catch the mastermind attention, the hammer would fall hard on this resisting tiny group, and that our race start to be considered as a new possible valuable asset, and not a mere bother.

If such the case, no ultimate armagedon to come, until the cost get above the planned future earns.

Then Armageddon is the solution...

Edited by Mordobb

I mean maybe they wont win, but that would take some insane circumstance of human technology advancing a hundred years in the span of a year, and some force being able to prevent their efforts of infiltration and subjugation long enough to use their tech against them to fly a ship through space and assault their primary command center and destroy their leader/s.

And I cant blame them for not defending against that possibility...seems like a REALLY long shot.

Would you stop dreaming and help me dig this bunker!

Nobody said we are food, thats your assumption. Nobody said whats dangerous to them is to us, nobody said that the ressources we value are of their interest. You assume too much in your earthian POV.

Also why have a slow war of attrition, if you can overcome in a single attack, of clones, after having softened the possible torns.

And who say aliens arent getting slow on supply, and time, isn t a constraint.

In Aftermath, once anihilated, we were under their radar and/or considered unworthy of attention, unable to be a real threat, until we start twarting the terraforming. What i agree, is that maybe a second Biological threat should have been brought down, when we gained amplitude and showed more resistance, and our bases should have been targeted more.

Aftermath altough imperfect in its settings, has the more plausible behavior Aliens would have in all the Xcom and Xcom succesors explanation, IMHO.

We offered resistance the aliens were weak in number and offer us a truce...

Back to Xcom...

OTOH the aliens masterminds may have got arrogant in their previous successes, since they already have dominated various worlds and species.

Or the formulae is known a winning one, so why change. We only try to adapt when something generate treat or uneasiness, but thats a human mind behavior, isn t it ?

Clones must be cheap asset so why bother until the ultimate attack ? What are hundreds when you got (maybe) millions.

Whoever know no near failure, doesn t bother himself until threatened.

But it would be interesting that when we catch the mastermind attention, the hammer would fall hard on this resisting tiny group, and that our race start to be considered as a new possible valuable asset, and not a mere bother.

If such the case, no ultimate armagedon to come, until the cost get above the planned future earns.

Then Armageddon is the solution...

XCOM told me we were food. And I believe everything XCOM tells me.

In all seriousness, I did consider this as a counter-argument to the suggestion. But not firing missiles and firing them automatically when in range have exactly the same consequence (i.e. no effect), only if you haven't fired them at least you still have them (for a few seconds before your plane gets blown out of the sky, anyway!).

It's 1979. Long-range, accurate guided missiles are a thing of the future (or so some wikipedia research implies to me). :P

There were things designed to attack very small, high speed, high altitude targets in 1979. No, not Hercules, that was designed to attack large, high altitude, and slow groups of Soviet bombers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safeguard_Program

Maybe one of the abduction victims should mention pig? perhaps it's all one big misunderstanding.

Why, here are a couple of our new farming neighbours now...

American-Gothic-Aliens--40245.jpg

If the aliens can't be turned to the good side by thick sliced bacon then they truly are inhuman monsters that need to be exterminated!