First of all thank you for continuing game development!

But I'd like mention several points which look not good.

1. In Strategy map. I'm not sure but it looks like I can not send fighters to patrol clean terrain. Just to search for alien activity outside my radar circles.

2. In Strategy map. What about sending fighters and drop ships back to combat without full fuel tanks? Is it possible? If not I'd ask to bring that ability back!

3. In Strategy map. Geoscape color. In 18th build it was better! Can you bring it back? Now it seem to be too funny.

4. In Strategy map. In Air Combat. No it is very unstable. Usually comes to game freeze and falling down to desktop.

5. In General. Is it seriously, 2 missiles per Foxtrot? WTF? :-)

6. In Tactical map. Now I can not see Alien movements which are not hidden. All is covered by 'Hidden movement' screen, which does not cover all the screen... but. I hope it is possible to do something.

7. In Tactical map. Can you bring back in mission inventory screen? In 18th build that was very good! Now I can see it is too small on my 1920x1080 screen!

Thank you.

Edited by Jemar

1.Did you try the intercept button?

2.You can just click a 87% or any kind of fuel level plane and send it out

3.New map is much better...I assure you...they won't change it.

4.There are known crashes to desktop from air combat.

5.I don't really know what you are talking about on this one...

I'd better wait for another release. 19.3 looks unplayable due to air combat game fly-outs and Foxtrot 2-missiles ammunition. the air combat in 18th release was very good. may be unbalance corsairs and murauders, but who actually used them? Russian MIGs are the kings of the sky. Where until 19th release...

I tried to play honest iron man mode on easy level. But air combat makes it impossible.

By the way release 18 was closer to original XCOM. IMHO.

Edited by Jemar

Well... I started play build 19 with 19.2.... But I do not see much gameplay improvements except the following real!

1. Fire archs of aircraft for each weapon

2. Addition of art and text in research.

But...

blasted.jpg

blasted.jpg

blasted.jpg.c917691ed24bbc3cd6905c21ebb0

Well... I started play build 19 with 19.2.... But I do not see much gameplay improvements except the following real!

1. Fire archs of aircraft for each weapon

2. Addition of art and text in research.

In 19.3 the aliens will turn red when you click the alien symbol on the ground map. This helps you see them on the map particularly on night missions. They also added damage and healing amounts on the troops sprites. Plus there is more art and descriptions like you said. The Caersan head/brain autopsy picture is awesome. Those are just a couple of the things I noticed.

As to me, red highlight and amount of hits make the game look as arcade... The real excitement of looking into darkness and awaiting of if the next shot will kill the alien...

But this is my opinion.

Yes, but it was really frustrating to have to move your shooting cursor all over the place to try to locate the alien when you knew it was there because the alien spotted symbol was on. Maybe you didn't have the issue, but I frequently had aliens that were pitch black and blended into the background black. The only way I could find them was to move the cursor around in middle of the screen until it showed a target.

It is realism, my friend. Night fight. There could be sense in 21 century with combat PDA etc, but not in 1979. IMHO.
Right, but the alien was spotted, so you're supposed to know where it is, not have to cursor search the map for it. I'm not talking about an alien that wasn't detected by anyone yet.

I think it is optional, depends on which dificulty level game is played.

<DamageText offset="-84" offsetCrouched="-64" displayDelay="1.5" fadeDelay="0.5"

difficultyEasyOn="1" difficultyNormalOn="1" difficultyVeteranOn="0" difficultySuperhumanOn="0">

<DamageColour red="1.0" green="0.2" blue="0.2" />

<StunDamageColour red="0.2" green="0.2" blue="1.0" />

<HealingColour red="0.2" green="1.0" blue="0.2" />

</DamageText>