We Need more ALENIUM

I'm in the 4th month and I only have 26 alenium! I can't dream of building a corsair and all I'm doing is base attacks,defense and terror missions. obviously occasionally I can get a ufo but still! here is what I propose...

1. All plasm weapons above standard plasma rifle give 1 alenium

2. more alenium on ufo's

3. bases should give like 25-50 alenium

I like resource management but I cant manage resources if I don't have any! I don't mean to sound like a whiner but we need more alenium to survive.

yeah, I generally have an alenium shortfall around month 2 to the start of 3. However, I'd say that we should wait and see what the balance is like once UFO waves have been tweaked to allow a smoother escalation.

Then we'll see how much alenium is readily available, before adding in more to everything.

The build material requirements arent listed yet I dont think?

So I dont even know what materials the items I build take.

But I havent ever not been able to build something due to lack of materials.

It's Jan 10 and I have 192 Alenium and 725 Alloys.

I am in the process of switching my weapons over to plasma, (So far I have 2 sniper, and 2 riffles)

Not that this info helps much I guess, but just sharing my experience.

(I'm playing on Normal for now until I get 1 playthrough in, then will probably switch to Veteran or wait for another patch first)

I don't know...Maybe it's useless to bring this into the discussion but...in version 18...Cruisers give plenty of alenium :)

I don't know if I can take out cruisers without corsairs which I cant build due to no alenium. BTW I have plasma torpedoes and missiles, Can I take on a cruiser?

Yeah...the Foxtrot Mainly plays the bomber role...I still wait a better version of it...I mean it's turning speed got the ship killed many times in the mid-late game for me atleast....

I have shot down several cruisers and am in January...but never lost a foxtrot to them, I just wait for them to fire their payloads, pause, click retreat on all 3, and then click Afterburners and unpause.

Never had an issue

Really? I had like 200 alenium after the first month and had nothing to do with it except sell it. I'm in January and still find myself regularly selling off 100s of units of excess.

Alenium or Alloys? I assume you mean Alloys.

In V19 the Foxtrots have only 2 hard Points and like what was stated before it takes 2 passes at them. Whats annoying is when you're Foxtrots are on a return home from first pass and they keep getting into combat. You have to keep running from them your fuel depletes so much quicker when going into combat. There's no way to make it home with them.

Also the number of terror missions should be hard capped to 2 or so a month Several times I had to choose a terror misson over going to a downed craft, on the other side of the world.

Alenium or Alloys? I assume you mean Alloys.
No, I use spare alloys for profitable manufacture, and I have no use for alenium until much later in the game. What can you use it for in the first months exactly?

No, I use spare alloys for profitable manufacture, and I have no use for alenium until much later in the game. What can you use it for in the first months exactly?

/puzzled.

You really had 200 in the 1st month? I think the max you get off a ship in the first month is 10ish? So you did 20 missions in the first month?

Granted I only have been through the 1st month twice, but I fairly certain I saw no where near that many. ( I did restart several times and play the 1st week a couple of times while I tested a few things out and kicked the tires, and I didnt usually see a UFO until the 5th-8th )

@DNK where do you put your starting base?

I do N. Africa as it seems to be most logical for now.

But based on refueling times, and the fact the UFOs come in waves with several days in between sightings...that seems quite bizarre, are you using mods?