Walrus's Tactical Ballistic Expansion, V1: Tier 1 Ballistic EXPLOSION VRROOOOOOM!

WalrusJones

Hmm, driver concepts?

Back to track: If i would have to make a mod, i'd go the (relatively) easy way - redrawing existing sprites. Sure, it's a lot of work, but you have patterns for all main weapon types to keep your animations consistent, and you don't even need to know animation. Just long and tedious redraw.

I was thinking of making "sebillian in a dress" (based on a certain fanart) mod this way, but then Max proposed a better idea.

Redrawing existing sprites would be the HARD way.

Trust me.

Please. Just trust me.

Please. Just trust me.

oh, didn't i say relatively? I just didn't want to study blender from scratch again.

I've made a mod for sega Streets of Rage once, so i know a thing about the hard ways =)

Of course if you'll manage to set up the scene, lighting, and postprocessing tools (contour, shrinking, packing into sheets), it would be easier.

I vaguely remember Chris mentioning that he may be willing to release some of the 3D models when the game is done.

Could be wrong there and it was a year or two ago so even if I do remember correctly things may have changed...

It probably depends on how many of them are actually his and not the artists hired to provide the 2D sprites.

If he does though then that would be a really useful shortcut as changing the model has to be easier than making a new one from scratch.

I vaguely remember Chris mentioning that he may be willing to release some of the 3D models when the game is done.

Could be wrong there and it was a year or two ago so even if I do remember correctly things may have changed...

It probably depends on how many of them are actually his and not the artists hired to provide the 2D sprites.

If he does though then that would be a really useful shortcut as changing the model has to be easier than making a new one from scratch.

If this happens, I will probably be close enough to finishing where I want to take this mod to actually be able to figure out how to use them.

My peusdo step-daughter is a graphic artist she know how to use Maya, Photoshop, etc... and how to do 3D modeling plus she can actually paint/draw. Maybe I can have her show me how to do this or better yet talk her into doing something on this. I would like to get the flamethrower working and add a couple of animations for some stuff I want.

Something tells me that I will make good progress tonight, or a massive crash bug.

Edit: Getting ready to do a 1.1 with updated sounds.... If my new XML doesn't cause a crash, we will see beanbag shot, and rubber bullets for the heavy pistol ammo weaponry.

(To take your joke runs to a whole new level, of being a no kills run.)

Edit: Ohh man.

I really like the Submachinegun-burst sounds.

Edit: I AM MOVING THE BEDS TOGETHER. TESTING AMMO.BALLISTIC.TROJAN TONIGHT! WISH ME LUCK! (Note, not related to sex: Actual mod relevancy. Rubber bullets, trojan, right?)

Edit: The new ammo types are a no-show, ammo simply refuses to show up in the other items tab.

I will try to debug, but I may not be able to do ballistic multi-ammo support until we get a gui upgrade.

Edit: I have an idea. It is going to be a little ghetto..... BUT.

It may work.

Edit: I have gotten it to crash: This is an obvious sign that I am getting closer to getting it to work.

- Now its crashing real fast, obviously it means I am close, and the issue is in weapons.xml

Edited by WalrusJones