New recruits

Chris said I should put this here, so here goes.

I think all new recruits should start out as privates. I recently had a batch of soldiers that all started as corporals, and it just ruined my immersion.

I actually deleted that game, I was so annoyed.

Thought?

Yep, also the first 10 should start as private.

Personally I would like to see more ranks ( at least two more) and a different calculation system.

(Limit number of officers and promotion based on all soldiers not just the ones doing the mission).

I guess that ranking is not very important for most people because the game still needs a lot of development and tweaking.

But for the endgame it think it’s very important because that’s what keeps you playing as well as little things like a memorial screen and so..

They are well trained combat veterans, recruited from among the best their nation has to offer Xenonauts in a time of global crisis.

That said, their standing in their home forces, means beans in the Xenonaut organisation. So the initial stats represent towards the top end of their own training, but they are still new to fighting alien forces, so their rank doesn't come with them.

The starting squad are a little better, as they have been with Xenonauts for some time. The organisation has been there since the '50s Iceland incident. They've already been basing their training on what was taken out of that Incident (See back story and Crimson Dagger for further details). So, they should start a little stronger than further recruits. For the starting group, corporals doesn;t seem too much of a stretch taking the above into account.

As for new recruits coming in at a higher rank, there's more in here, and a possibility for change from Chris