V8.4 Thoughts

Ground Combat

• I find it difficult to move or select guys right next to a wall opposite of the camera angle. This feels really clunky.
  • I find the intersection of alien ships and terrain is quite confusing. I can't really tell if it is landed, crashed, where the terrain stop and where the ship begins.
  • Right click quick menu your men would be handy.
  • The single / auto fire mode icons are tiny. How about just changing fire mode when I click the big gun graphic?

1. Known concern, there's been some discussion about how to do it. Probably having the Cursor change sounds most likely.

2. Hmm, never thought of it like that. Anything in particular that would help with that?

3. Like UFO:ET?

4. Because clicking the big gun graphic activates manual fire mode? The ground combat GUI is being redone soon, so see how that looks.

Edit: Wait, 8.4? Current build is 8.5

Edited by Sathra

Oops, I mean V8.5.

2. Maybe if the top of the ship was more visible (I didn't have a good view of the higher levels) or some shadowing. It was just confusing to look at. I'll see if I can make better sense of it and maybe have a few more suggestions in this area.

3. Just a little quick menu. An example would be: Right click show 3 translucent icons on one side of the unit. Kneel/Stand toggle, Fire Mode Toggle, Inventory. I know hot keys are there. It would just be another option and a nice touch. If more icons were needed they could appears on both sides of the unit, a circle, or some radial layout.

4. Looking forward to see what they have up their sleeves. =)