New impressions tips and walkthroughs

Hello, guys! The game is terribly good. Having some fresh impressions and ideas.

1. Alien assault on 3rd base. They were terrible. We had 4 laser rifles and one machine gun, but several grenades. The 3 of 8 soldiers had only rifles.

Aliens were fighting hard. We used their guns from killed foes. We fought through every room, leaving fire and ashes. That was 3rd mission for folks. The base was not very big. 5 hangars, defense, barracks, store and radar. The hardest base defense mission I ever had in XCOM and XCOM-like games. Good Job! If they continue in this way, the game is outstanding.

2. The Alien terror missions. I definitely sure it is better to assault the landed UFO rather than fighting in cities.It is easier for we can not shoot civils and they do not run as fools in crossfire.

3. I'd like to know if there is chance of shooting down (not destroying) fighters and interceptors of invaders? I'd like a closer view. Could be great.

4. The rest will be later

Number 4. As support for discussion of air forces expansion. The fighters like Murderer may get finally VTOL ability. So what about smaller hangars for VTOL crafts? The Charlie really needs less place for takeoff, so the hangar for it will have no need for maneuver. It has no need of special move to landing pad. It can land at take off directly from hangar (if the roof makes it possible).

May be you can think I'm too insisting.

But back to my idea of making color camouflage.

Just a technology. If researched you may build armor kits for environments (or use basic armor for free, as the technology researched, they become available instantly).

This can make aliens shot week chance to hit. For example precision shots over 25% are unavailable. And nearly impossible in night and minimal cover.

Here is my artwork as example.

Camuflage all show.jpg

And that is link for artwork in details (made for basic AK 47 as example)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jocx9c

Camuflage all show.jpg

577e7cb418b5b_Camuflageallshow.thumb.jpg

Edited by Jemar

Is it just me who had a Spaceballs flashback on the white one?

Yes?

Ah well nm :P

Adding the different coloured uniforms is pretty straightforward, linking them to any other kind of effect like the one you suggest is impossible without it being coded by the devs.

Only changes that could be made without coding really are damage resists.

Well... sorry if not a good idea. I'm not a programmer. Just creative designer. Probably the words can be different. I mean don't know how that magic people with coding skill can do. But never mind, yes. Didn't watch Spaceballs... Always was looking at Violet personal armor and arctic in XCOM 1 and thinking, what the idiotic situation. Even paint can could help....

I think in later stages technology of adaptive color fibers could be researched. So you may craft chameleon suits. And sell the old ones. That suits automatically use the color of environment where the mission is going on. No dress changes before take off. Something like cloaking device in XCOM 3, but more realistic to say so.