Experimental 19, Hotfix, steam - Odd Shooting Bugs, Ground Combat

Enemy AI seems to be trying to shoot at me through walls, even if I can't see them, any do it so far, a consistant one I have had though is the one defender or two inside of the saucer, will -always- try to shoot me through the walls of the saucer, no matter my location in relation to them as if they think they have a clear line of sight and could see me, I have sat my soldiers outside the door a few tiles away with the door closed, and watched them shoot the door several times, trying to shoot my soldier.

I also have noticed though, if you open the door with one soldier, and switch to another, it does the accuracy calculations as if the door is still closed, saying 0% chance to hit because the door is in the way, even though it is not correct, and if you -do- shoot, it wil; behave properly, and go right on through, I killed an alien in the saucer that way, by opening the door and having the others just unload into the saucer, but it kept saying "no chance to hit" as if the door was closed.

Ya I have the same troubles it makes later missions take a ridiculous amount of time since my teams are pinned down right from the start of the missions. It basically becomes a battle of RNG as I try to avoid getting hit by burst fire from heavy plasmas, or getting shot by plasma snipers from across the map through like 8 sets of walls( no really I did a base invasion, and was getting killed by aliens in the back room)

I wanted to point out that this bug -still- ...well the -shooting through walls- and not actually needing line of sight to try to target you therefore shooting at the wall of a UFO trying to shoot you outside of it when they are inside, is still in play.

I had that problem with experimental build 1, but oddly it hasn't happen to me in second one. I do from time to time notice that they do shoot through wall, so they seem to have line of sight.

At one occasion I'm also pretty sure that I heard alien being hit inside the light scout when I missed enemy in front of the craft and shot went on and was supposed to hit the side.