Any possible fixes for the Alien Base finding drain bug?

I'm really happy that there are no longer crashes for models trying to crouch when the sprite isn't available, or for running over terrain that doesn't have a destroyed sprite, or trying to attack an alien ship when the map for it doesn't exist.

But I gotta say that watching my hard-earned funding drain away as I direct interceptors to find the base totally sucks. At least those other bugs either crash your game or corrupt your saves and force you to restart. This one hits you where it hurts; the wallet.

Are there any fixes to it? I thought of hitting ESC and then just dragging around the menu so I move the mouse on the geofront itself very little, but I'm not sure if that menu is movable like the others are. And I try to send interceptors to where I've seen landing ships but no dice. I have them fly over in a straight line, is there something more to do?

Finally, are there any changes to code values I could do?

There is currently a rather nasty bug with alien bases in that they drain your relations with the country they are in at the same rate regardless of the time-compression setting you are at - so you actually need to stay at a higher time compression rate to avoid taking too much of a loss from them. This will be fixed in the next version of course, but for the moment keep your time compression rate up if you think a base is around - you might also have some luck if you tell your fighters to tail any UFOs that appears to be flying in an obviously straight line, as they might be supply ships.

actually, if you move your mouse over a continent, a base is on that continent (or funding nation or whatever you want to call one of the 10) and money goes down, there's a base there

If you have lost a nation you won't see the presence of a base there, but you'll lose money on mouseovering the sea and in none of the still funding countries.

This bug makes it too easy to find bases :P