[Steam version] Alien shooting through walls during base defense

I have this issue durning attack on alien base. I have neutralized two of them and always aliens shot from one to another room ( separated with tick wall). They can shot and they can see my soldiers with X-ray ( wall are not obstacle) ;) :0

In my case they fired through the length of a thick wall (from door to door) and it looked as if the black space between the walls is hollow (i.e. can be seen and fired through). Maybe the thing can be solved by "filling up" the space with something the game recognizes as solid matter.

Well all ground combat is buggy - I had a situation that alien shoot inside of UFO to get my troops somewhere outside it. The result was him hitting some explosive thing, blowing himself up and half of the UFO wing. Not only that - they even try to shoot through few obstacles that are either indestructible or take few shots to blow them like hedges. Simply put AI's squad sight needs improvement.

Well all ground combat is buggy - I had a situation that alien shoot inside of UFO to get my troops somewhere outside it. The result was him hitting some explosive thing, blowing himself up and half of the UFO wing. Not only that - they even try to shoot through few obstacles that are either indestructible or take few shots to blow them like hedges. Simply put AI's squad sight needs improvement.

Yeah same thing happened on one of my missions. The aliens can see through walls it seems, since they even shoot out walls of buildings my soldiers are inside although it's impossible they have seen any of my soldiers before they do it. Also think it's unfair that aliens have such farther line of sight than our soldiers when they also have better accuracy and stronger weapons. Lot of balancing needed in this game IMHO.