[v18 STABLE (STEAM 30/5/2013)] Crashing after moving a grenade inside the inventory

Hello there guys.

I'm here to report a bug i got sometimes.

When i'm inside a base and i want to change the equipment of my soldiers, when i put a grenade inside the Belt and i try to move them, i always crash to the deskopt.

This happens with any type of grenade: Stun, Explosive, Electroshock ecc

So you're dragging the grenade to the belt, dropping it, then moving it from the belt to elsewhere when it crashes? Or does it crash when the grenade is dropped?

Also, how are you accessing the base? From a pop-up or from clicking on the BASE tab/clicking on the base icon.

I have try to do it with a Custom soldier and a Normal Soldier, i have tried to move a grenade inside the base menu when changing the soldiers inventory and inside the battlefield.

When i'm in the base, i put a grenade in the belt and lf i try to move another grenade in the space of the other grenade i crash sometimes, lf i try to do it in the battlefield this happens always random but only when i give the soldier the order to use it has primary or secondary weapon. I got this bug 6-8 times in 5 days

I'm having a similar problem, but it is only with the Electroshock Grenade I've just researched. Dragging it onto the belt of a soldier in the inventory screen immediately causes the game to crash, although this only seems to happen with the top soldier in the list. I have managed to place the Electroshock Grenade in other soldiers' inventories successfully. All other grenade types seem to work fine - this bug has only just started happening.

I'm stull unable to reproduce it. I tried it dragging, right clicking, custom soldiers, manufactured grenades, with the last piece of manufactured grenades, everything, but it didn't crash. Can you please attach a save file I can load, and just drag the grenade to the belt and make the game crash?

I can confirm that I sometimes get a CTD when moving items around in the base equipment screen, but I have yet to find anything consistent about it, and upon reloading the game I am usually able to equip whatever I was attempting to equip.

I can also occasionally make infinite weapons (say laser weapons) by dragging the weapon off, then dropping it back on the lower right hand section where the weapons are listed out on the soldier equipping screen in the base. This also seems fairly random.

Saddly this bug is random, soo it's hard to get a savegame exactly when the bug can happen, homewhere i get the bug when for example i put in the belt "Magazine, Magazine, Stun Grenade, Stun Grenade" lf you put away the grenade with a click withtout draggin them away and you try to move the other grenade in the other spot of the grenade you have removed you get a crash sometimes.

Not sure if its related but my current save game will crash any time I manually manipulate inventory for one set of soldiers. My first base was Europe and then I created a North America base. Soldiers were moved from EU to NA. Now any manipulation of inventory of the NA soldiers by drag and drop will crash the game when loading from save. It does not seem to crash when I first relocate the soldiers and manipulate their inventory only after subsequent save and load.

Note that EU soldiers inventory can be manipulated without crashing. I do have another issue with a Charlie that I will report separately that causes crashing and could be causing my crash. I just wanted to give another alternate way of testing for the crash.

Note: Doesn't seem to crash if I move soldiers back from NA to EU. Also does not crash when removing items only when adding or moving.

Edited by figment

The same problem.

I had 2 ground missions in a row (second - assault alien base). And in both missions i used ammunition of the enemies (plasma pistol, rifle, grenades, ammo). After return to the base, when i tried re equip the soldiers, game sometimes crashes. (Alien ammo didn't disappear from soldier inventory).

Reassignment of the 'broken' squad helped me. Or replay last mission.