Alien Alloy Fabrication Bug

While I was getting ready to start my first wave of plasma weaponry for my troops I read that the research conclusion for Alien Alloy Fabrication which stated that the alien alloys could be used freely I thought this ment that you did not need to find more because you now had the capabilty to make them. After this point I have not been able to aquire any more alloys and I only had enough to make 8 suits of wolf armor and 5 plasma rifles. However I do not know how to get more alloys because i am unable to salvage them from alien crafts. Anyone else have this problem or have I completely missed something.

By fabrication they mean manipulation. It should be renamed, I'd think. It's a confusing title.

Anyway, it just means that you can now do stuff with them, use the alloys. You still need to collect them.

However, alloys are really rare for whatever reason in this build, and should be made more common in later builds I'd say.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. I'm getting a lot of intercepts, but I still have condors. And all I seem to get are heavy Fighters and medium classed ships that they can't take down. I'll try using a few migs that might help. Yet even from an alien base I'm not getting alloy. Which its an alien base .. it should be more common.

Also notice that aliens try to shoot though walls to closest target when assaulting an alien base. A few times its glitch a shot though a wall.