Modding problems,possible bugs

lightgemini

Hi I have a working good old xcom heavy cannon mod with some more ideas for weapons but I crashed myself into a Wall with a couple issues:

a) Made a copy of a soldier animations folder and named it the same as the weapon (as it appears on weapons_gc) but on battle the soldier just uses the "none" animations. I could not find any place to link the new weapon to the folder. May be a bug or a missing feature still?

b)Technically the cannon is a rocket launcher for the game engine, so it allows me to use diferent kinds of ammo, and the ammo clips (technically rockets) hold 6 shots as declared on weapons_gc etc. Everything Works like a charm BUT the clips dont seem to keep track of how much rounds are left in it. You switch a 3/6 HE clip for a full AP clip, then switch then back and the 3/6 HE now has full 6/6 rounds again. I asume the rockets are single use ammo and no round counting is implented for them but im not sure if its the case or its broken.

Any help on any of the two would be welcome.