Support for burst fire on area-of-effect weapons.

Disclaimer: if this is merely me being a programming noob, please tell me what I'm mucking up, and I'll withdraw the suggestion. Thanks!

At the moment, it seems that if you change a weapon to have an explosive effect, it can't be burst fire as well. It's not any kind of issue with the game because, well, no area of effect weapons are meant to have a burst fire mode as things stand.

So, consider this modified rifle that causes explosions (as an example, not as something I'm looking to put in).

<Weapon name="weapon.rifle" bulletType="rocket" emptySound="Empty Click 1">	<props range="18" hands="2" recoil="0" weight="5" isHeavy="0" clipSize="20" reloadAPCost="15" reloadSound="Weapon Assault Rifle Reload" reactionModifier="1.0" hpLimit="80" />	<SingleShot sound="Weapon Assault Rifle Single" delay="0.6" suppressionValue="20" suppressionRadius="1">		<Set1 ap="17" accuracy="75" />		<Set2 ap="20" accuracy="85" />		<Set3 ap="23" accuracy="100" />	</SingleShot>	<BurstFire ap="35" accuracy="50" sound="Weapon Assault Rifle Burst" delay="0.6" burstdelay="0.1" shotCount="3" suppressionValue="32" suppressionRadius="2" />	<GUIImage name="gui/weapons/AssaultRifle.png"/>	<GroundImage name="grounditemimages/assaultrifle.png"/>	<Ammos>		<Ammo name="ammo.ballistic.rifle" type="kinetic" damage="25" mitigation="10" isHypervelocity="0">			<Projectile spectre="projectiles/bullet/bullet" speed="1200"/>			<Impact spectre="particles/bulletplume/bulletplume" radius="4" fireChance="0" smokeChance="0" gasType="RocketFragSmoke" />		</Ammo>	</Ammos></Weapon>

I know you guys have your hands full at the moment with game-critical matters - and I only ask because I don't know how much work it would actually be to implement. But it would be cool as hell to be able to make player-plasma weapons different from the other tiers by having explosive effects, or to give the aliens a bit more variety in weaponry.

Edited by Ol' Stinky

Cant test anything right now, but I recommend you try to change this:

- "bullet type " back to kinetic because rockets are suposed to be 1 single use "ammo" thus not firing bursts at all.

- in the "ammo name" line add "radius=4" (or what you want) and optional add the fire/smoke chances.

- in "impact spectre" change it to what it says in any rocket ammo declaration ( explosión something), explosión animation does scale automatically to the radius you set.

and then try it and tell us what you find :D