[v18.4 - Geoscape] CTD when recruiting soldiers

I've still got my original 10 soldiers and I've hired an extra 5 scientist.

My new living quarters has just been built.

I can hire new scientists and engineers. However, hiring an extra soldier cashes a CTD immediately after selecting the specific soldiers and clicking on Hire. Advancing a month doesn't help (not that it should :) ).

File:

A3

EDIT: This game doesn't like me :) . If I take the file above and fast forward a month (ignoring UFOs/research/etc.) to play a terror mission, it CTD when the terror mission loads.

Edited by Bromley86

Bug identified. It's to do with changing the name of the Rifleman class. I changed all the classes to 2-3 letter designations with no problems, but as soon as I change Rifleman to RI and try to recruit someone . . .

Unfortunately, changing the name screws the savefile, as when I changed the RI back to Rifleman it still crashes. No problem if I start a new game and don't mess with the names though.

WORKAROUND: This is likely obvious to everyone, but it only just occurred to me. Tested & it works. Rename all the classes except Rifleman. Create a new RI (or whatever you want to call it) class with the R symbol and use that. New guys will default to the Rifleman class (which is how the problem arose), but you just change them to your custom class manually.

Edited by Bromley86