Feature Request: Remove roofs when cursor over buildings and UFOs

At the moment when spotting Aliens inside buildings/UFOs you can't get a decent lock on them due to the render engine forcing roofs to be drawn until a soldier is very close or inside the building/ufo.

What I would like to see is IF Aliens are spotted inside a building/UFO by your team then simply moving the cursor over top of that building/UFO tile removes the roof, because you can see inside anyway and why even bother allowing us to shoot at the Aliens inside if we can't see them on screen due to roof being on top!

I'm pretty sure this would be easy to implement, tie mouse cursor to trigger remove roof with a small script that checks if Aliens seen by player or not. Otherwise I will haft to look at hacking this game to do it myself because it is very frustrating getting shot by a spotted Alien and not being able to target him because scanning your mouse around reveals no target and your forced to put a soldier in the door just to remove the roof resulting in him being killed due to reaction fire!

Maybe this has been suggested before, why isn't this fixed/implemented already I do not know!

Oh, no never noticed it LOL. But it would be nice to have a option to Auto-remove roof (with mouse cursor) in these situations to save having to press that button all the time?

I think I just press it the once and leave it. It's not something I'm aware of having to do often.

As for not noticing it, I asked the same question umpteen builds ago, because I didn't see the equivalent of it way back then. What a difference it made,as I was getting a little hacked off.

Well I actually like seeing the roofs on buildings and vehicles it adds to the realism, its just in those situations you need to shoot inside buildings I would like a auto-roof remove with cursor. It just be a nice little touch I think :)

It may be easier to do if it was made to be a key you hold down for the function.

Like holding alt (I think it was) in Diablo 2 to see what items were lying around on the floor where you couldn't see them easily.

If you know there is an enemy nearby just hold the roof toggle key for a second, have a scan until you see and shoot them then you can let go.