[V17.91 - Base - desura] - Wounded soldiers equipment unavailable

I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug or a design feature. If it is the latter, I would consider rethinking it.

One of my soldiers was wounded in combat (not just injured, but completely unable to be selected in the equipment screen type of wounded) while wearing jackal armor. When I went to the equipment screen to equip the armor to a different Xenonaut, it was missing. When the soldier recovered, she was still wearing the armor (I would have thought that those unable to use it would give it up). She had also had her weapons de-equipped. I don't know what happens to the weapons; they may be returned to the stockpile, they may be gone for good. Luckily, it was just a shotgun.

I ran into that issue--lost a precision laser when someone got wounded--and then something that may or may not be related. I equipped my last laser rifle to a soldier, then thought better of doing that since I had a preset with ammo and everything. I selected the preset, and got an error since I didn't have any extra laser rifles in the stockpile. However, it also unequipped my laser rifle and apparently deleted it.

One thing that might help (and I think is a good idea regardless) would be to not unequip the soldier before checking if it's possible to equip the new gear. eg, if I have a ballistic rifle, and I select my loadout that includes a laser rifle (but I'm out), the game doesn't unequip my ballistic rifle before realizing it can't equip the laser.

Hopefully that made some sense.