Gastav

13 hours ago, Gastav said:

No matter what I did, any kind of additional funding does not appear on the monthly screen:Clipboard02.jpg

V3.6.0

Hey Gastav, thanks for taking the time to make a bug report. However, I'd like to ask a few things so we can figure out the problem faster. For the funding not increasing, do you mean that your monthly funding does not change even after completing certain research and missions (like the Cleaner HQ mission). Or do you mean that your monthly income is always in the red?

Having a budget deficit can easily happen in the game if you're running a lot of bases and using a lot of engineering/research labs. Even though said structures provide passive income, this inflow of money is not counted in the end of the month funding report. Total income only consists of the funding from your regional support, and doesn't take into account lab/engineering idle income, selling stuff from your base stores, etc.

in previous xcom like games the funding would increase each/every month according to your performances (up to a max that was depending on the continent)

he is probably confused by the fact that in xenonaut 2, it only increases on completing a couple quests/research.

3 hours ago, zardoz2206 said:

in previous xcom like games the funding would increase each/every month according to your performances (up to a max that was depending on the continent)

he is probably confused by the fact that in xenonaut 2, it only increases on completing a couple quests/research.

That is true. But if it does not increase due to your success rate, that monthly funding report is totally useless and misleading especially in the form of continents. Sadly I have already finished the cleaner research, so I cant say if I have seen anything green on that part.

I did the alien research (the one that enables you to build stun guns) and it showed it will add a bonus each month. I did see every continent to have a +$60k bonus and did get the bumped increase in income.

15 hours ago, Gastav said:

That is true. But if it does not increase due to your success rate, that monthly funding report is totally useless and misleading especially in the form of continents. Sadly I have already finished the cleaner research, so I cant say if I have seen anything green on that part.

As zardoz pointed out on their reply, the funding mechanic is different from other xcom games in that your funding increases based on completed research/missions. It used to be affected by the panic in the regions but I believe that was changed based from community feedback due to panic being too punishing (and causing a death spiral/feedback loop on harder difficulties). The funding screen however, will still reflect increases in your income based from research, like on a screenshot I'm posting below (Funding increase from Xenobiology research)

image.png.725ad809c0b3f5f8930da861c5542f42.png