[V3.3.0 - GeoScope] Game crashes at first misson

Just got Xenonauts 2 yesterday, everytime I try to launch the first mission that comes right after the tutorial the game crashes Ive tried 10 times and every single time it crashes.

Ive attached a screenshot of the mission in question, I click launch combat team and then launch aircraft and the game crashes.

image_2024-03-19_161440494.png

Edited by tacostan

• tacostan changed the title to [V3.3.0 - GeoScope] Game crashes at first misson

I've tried in different resolutions, placing the beginning base in different locations. I'd attach a save file but I cant get that far haha

Specs

i7-12700k

32gb ram

3070 ti

game is downloaded onto an SSD

31 minutes ago, tacostan said:

Definitely something with my PC, tried playing the experimental build and I crash at the same point.

784 FPS!
At first, I think you should try to limit the FPS to the refreshrate of your monitor.
- do that via nvidia's control panel or what ever it is called nowadays
- and/or via Xenonaut's video settings

Edited by Von_Emmy

4 hours ago, Von_Emmy said:

784 FPS!
At first, I think you should try to limit the FPS to the refreshrate of your monitor.
- do that via nvidia's control panel or what ever it is called nowadays
- and/or via Xenonaut's video settings

Tried that still having the same issue.

12 hours ago, tacostan said:

Just got Xenonauts 2 yesterday, everytime I try to launch the first mission that comes right after the tutorial the game crashes Ive tried 10 times and every single time it crashes.

Ive attached a screenshot of the mission in question, I click launch combat team and then launch aircraft and the game crashes.

image_2024-03-19_161440494.png

Hey there, thanks for the bug report! Seeing that you've already switched to the experimental branch and still end up crashing, we'd like you to provide your save game and the output.log file so that we can investigate what's causing the problem. I'll link a guide below which instructs you where to find said files, thanks!

3 hours ago, Kouki said:

Hey there, thanks for the bug report! Seeing that you've already switched to the experimental branch and still end up crashing, we'd like you to provide your save game and the output.log file so that we can investigate what's causing the problem. I'll link a guide below which instructs you where to find said files, thanks!

I've attached both files, hopefully they help Id really like to give the game a shot haha

output.log steam_autocloud.vdf

22 hours ago, tacostan said:

I've attached both files, hopefully they help Id really like to give the game a shot haha

output.log 7.57 MB · 1 download steam_autocloud.vdf 51 B · 1 download

Hey - sorry you're having problems. This is a really strange crash. We've not seen it reported before and there's a lot of people playing the game, so it's a bit puzzling. A few quick questions:

• Are you playing on Steam?
  • Are you playing the tutorial each time?
  • Are you literally just fast forwarding time to the ATLAS Base mission and then clicking those two buttons? You get to the stage where you see the soldier equip screen, then it crashes immediately when you press the button to left click to launch the dropship?

Also, the game should be capped at 300FPS - do you know how you're managing to get 784FPS? Have you got anything unusual set up there?

Probably best to try a clean reinstall too, in case there's an issue with the game files or your settings files: 

Wow, I've figured out the issue, in your last post you made me realize I am supposed to wait for the helicopter to actually move to the base in the overworld map, I had been clicking on the ATLAS base after the soldier equip screen and pressing launch combat team which causes the crash because we've already done that step? 

I just waited for the chopper to get to the mission and the game is running fine, the crash just comes from the mission not being locked out while soldiers are moving to it.

2 hours ago, tacostan said:

Wow, I've figured out the issue, in your last post you made me realize I am supposed to wait for the helicopter to actually move to the base in the overworld map, I had been clicking on the ATLAS base after the soldier equip screen and pressing launch combat team which causes the crash because we've already done that step? 

I just waited for the chopper to get to the mission and the game is running fine, the crash just comes from the mission not being locked out while soldiers are moving to it.

Haha, well I'm glad you've figured the issue out!

Well done for finding a hidden crash in the game, we'll get that fixed in the next patch so it doesn't affect anyone else :)