Milestone 3.3.0 Released! (Experimental)

This update is also only accessible by switching to our Experimental branches (instructions on how to do so here) - although note they have slower load times and worse performance than normal builds due to the extra logging they contain!

We're hoping that this hotfix is a little more stable than the previous two, which both introduced serious new bugs (alongside fixing various issues). If testing suggests we've got on top of the stability issues then we'll release this onto the main Steam / GOG branches next week.

Bugfixes:

• Fixed a loop in the pathing system that would cause the game to crash with an "out of memory" error in various situations.
  • Fixed soldier hair sometimes not appearing correctly in tactical missions.
  • Fixed a number of issues related to the shroud / fog of war, including it not revealing properly in some instances.
  • Fixed an issue where equipment on dead Xenonauts was not being recovered from alien bases (and the Cleaner HQ), even if you won the mission.
  • (Hopefully) fixed the bug where ground tiles around the UFO were sometimes revealed from the shroud on night missions, right from the very start of the mission.
  • Fixed another instance where players could sometimes not boot into the Main Menu.
  • Fixed an issue where players would be unable to zoom the Geoscape / Air Combat camera if they had a touchscreen peripheral plugged in.
  • Fixed a minor issue with the Abductor UFO hull hitbox in tactical missions, as it could sometimes block shots that did not appear anywhere near the UFO.
  • Like 1

Chris,

Can we get an extension (pretty) please on the final alien spawns days counter please, or do away with it altogether?

I noticed after about day 420 that there were no more spaceships appearing and I couldn't find any alien bases, as I was eventually catching up with budgeting money and manufacturing enough alien alloys and alerium to make the pegasus dropship, fusion weapons and ares platforms.

I know the End Game part of the game isn't done yet, so is the plan to run the UFO's up until the player completes the End Game Mission?

Many thanks,

Compo.

On 3/9/2024 at 3:45 AM, CompoTheSmoggie said:

Chris,

Can we get an extension (pretty) please on the final alien spawns days counter please, or do away with it altogether?

I noticed after about day 420 that there were no more spaceships appearing and I couldn't find any alien bases, as I was eventually catching up with budgeting money and manufacturing enough alien alloys and alerium to make the pegasus dropship, fusion weapons and ares platforms.

I know the End Game part of the game isn't done yet, so is the plan to run the UFO's up until the player completes the End Game Mission?

Many thanks,

Compo.

The final mission isn't finished yet, so I'm not really sure what's gained by doing this? I added an extra five waves of UFOs in 3.1.0 so there's a bit more playtime compared to the current public build, and if I add any more it'll just be the same thing over and over until the timeline runs out.