[V3.xx - Geoscape] - Unable to zoom during geoscape and air combat

• Warie_W00kie changed the title to [V3.xx - Geoscape] - Unable to zoom during geoscape and air combat
5 hours ago, Warie_W00kie said:

Are the zoom features in the geoscape and air combat removed?  I also noticed I wasn't able to use the mouse to click and drag the playing field either.

I don't think zooming in and out was touched in the recent patches, although can you check if you're playing on Windowed mode? If so, switch to full screen and see if that helps, if not let us know!

Hmm weird....  so I've tried windowed, full screen, and borderless screen but it didn't make a difference.  I am certain the scroll wheel of my mouse is working properly in game because I was able to scroll up and down in the menus and change the height during tactical missions.  In geoscape and aircombat, the ability to zoom is just gone.  I've tried to change the key binds in options but there are no "camera: zoom in/out" for geoscape and aircombat.

I know I sound crazy but am I confusing features from xenonauts 1 with xenonauts 2 or something?  

20 hours ago, Warie_W00kie said:

Hmm weird....  so I've tried windowed, full screen, and borderless screen but it didn't make a difference.  I am certain the scroll wheel of my mouse is working properly in game because I was able to scroll up and down in the menus and change the height during tactical missions.  In geoscape and aircombat, the ability to zoom is just gone.  I've tried to change the key binds in options but there are no "camera: zoom in/out" for geoscape and aircombat.

I know I sound crazy but am I confusing features from xenonauts 1 with xenonauts 2 or something?  

Hmm, it might be possibly caused by changing the keybinds (as we've had some issues reported before that were similar to this with people who used custom keybinds). In case you haven't, have you tried resetting to default then testing it out if the scroll wheel is working for zoom in/out?

And you're definitely not confused! X2 has zoom in/out on Geoscape and AC :)

Attempted resetting keybinds to default, no go.  I've also tried fresh installs on previous versions (milestone 1 and 2) where I remembered the zoom working but that didn't work either.

Would it be possible to add keybinds for the geoscape/air combat zoom in the options menu?

Edited by Warie_W00kie

9 hours ago, Warie_W00kie said:

Attempted resetting keybinds to default, no go.  I've also tried fresh installs on previous versions (milestone 1 and 2) where I remembered the zoom working but that didn't work either.

Would it be possible to add keybinds for the geoscape/air combat zoom in the options menu?

Thanks for the replies. Do you happen to have any touch peripherals plugged in? The plugin we're using might have an issue with that overriding the scrollwheel input.

We'll take a look at adding a keybind for the scrolling.