Milestone 3 Mission Briefing and Soldier Extraction

I started a new campaign since milestone 3 released and got 2 bugs I hadn't seen before. First, as displayed in the attachment, in every mission briefing the "Further Information" part is in programming language(?) I guess. And I dont have a picture, but in soldier extraction missions the soldiers that are to be extracted cant shoot, their weapons dont show any ammo and their accuracy modifier has a -1 because of range it is weird?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

6 hours ago, skortil said:

I started a new campaign since milestone 3 released and got 2 bugs I hadn't seen before. First, as displayed in the attachment, in every mission briefing the "Further Information" part is in programming language(?) I guess. And I dont have a picture, but in soldier extraction missions the soldiers that are to be extracted cant shoot, their weapons dont show any ammo and their accuracy modifier has a -1 because of range it is weird?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Hello skortil, thanks for taking the time to report the bug! Can you provide the save file for when this happens? I'll attach a guide on how to access these below. To upload a save, simply drag the .json save file when making a reply and it should get automatically attached. Thanks!

15 hours ago, skortil said:

Thanks for the report. That's really strange - is your game set to en-US (e.g. American English) as the language? Has that ever changed?

It might be worth doing a clean reinstall of the game and seeing if that fixes it? That would fix any issues that might be caused by out-of-date game files.

16 minutes ago, skortil said:

Of course, here is the save file. I tried a clean reinstall, and the game was always in the same language, but it was no help.

user_day_17_soldier_extraction_manual_save-2.json 1.42 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks for uploading the save, although do you have the save file before the ground combat layer was started?

Rather strange, but it seems like the rescued soldiers are unable to shoot because they spawn w/ no ammo?

Yes, it seems they don't even have ammo capacity in their guns, and their accuracy modifier always has a straight -1 from distance, weirdly enough. Sadly I don't have a save before the mission started as this was the only manual save I took around that time, I will surely take one before the it begins if I encounter another rescue mission.

On 2/22/2024 at 11:13 AM, Kouki said:

Rather strange, but it seems like the rescued soldiers are unable to shoot because they spawn w/ no ammo?

Might that have something to do with them spawning from the Barracks rather then the Dropship, i.e. with "Planned Loadout"?
I ask because I have noticed that the Planned Loadout doesn't work correctly.
When I plan a Xenonauts Loadout from the Barracks and later add him to the Dropship, the weapons he's planned to bring with him come empty loaded.
But I think (I haven't tried to find out, yet) that only happens when a soldier hasn't been added the Dropship before...

Edited by Von_Emmy