Build V17.51 - Crash after mission completion screen

Forums are a pain in the ass, for starters, so I apologize if in my brief search I didn't find this thread already started.

So, after completing the first mission (also having completed the alien invasion research option, if that has any bearing) I got the successful completion screen, loaded up a blank world screen, whereas it said it was loading geoscape, hung there for approximately fifteen seconds, then crashed to the desktop.

Hope this gets in working order relatively soon - I'm excited to actually play this in reliable form!

Thanks guys.

It really isn't worth playing the game until the second beta version if you are wanting to avoid crashing regularly.

New features are added, some internal testing is done to make sure the game runs then we get let loose on it to see how well the new features hold up.

It will crash a lot, new things will not work that are expected to be fine, old features that used to work will stop working because of new additions and so on.

Not suggesting you shouldn't jump in on the alpha testing, just saying you may want to wait for a few more updates and beta goes live, might be more rewarding for you.

My initial question still stands though.

Is this repeatable?

Does it happen every single time you start a new game and complete the first mission?

Does doing that research change the outcome?

If you can give steps that cause or prevent the crash then it makes it easier for others to either duplicate it or work round it.

It also may make it easier for the team to find and solve.

What the OP describes happened to me 3 times in 4 missions. Good thing is that I didnt lose any progress as the game would load up from where the crash occured.

Research is not the issue and this happens after several missions and not just the first.

Anyway I fired up the game again cause I had the feeling a beta was imminent but after having played a little I am not so sure. After all a beta should contain a game in a playable state but crashing so much is not playable. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Crashing so early does not bode well
Good thing is that I didnt lose any progress as the game would load up from where the crash occured.
After all a beta should contain a game in a playable state but crashing so much is not playable.

It is not beta. Trying to make the developers feel ashamed of the alpha game is not the best thing you can do, neither should you point at fear of losing your progress.

But you could help, really, by providing useful information (and believe me, developers will hear you). Guidelines can be found here: link

Even better, if you could make a little research by yourself and narrow the bughunting area.

With all the respect to the friendly atmosphere of this forum and your desire to play crashless.

I know its still an alpha and not a beta but I was hoping the beta would come soon.

Btw why shouldnt I worry about losing my progress?

A crash in itself is bad enough but if it also resets everything then its completely game-breaking. Fortunatly that wasnt the case.

Edited by DaCruise

Hi all getting the same thing here.

seems after a ground mission, the geoscape doesn't load correctly, sometimes you can play on slightly, but if you click a base the game will crash straight away.

I've made a few new games and repeated, happens about 9/10 times on mine!

cheers

Btw why shouldnt I worry about losing my progress?

It's slightly off topic, so i'll made my point and shut up.

When you're playing alpha, you are more a tester than a player (Why would you otherwise play unfinished game, spoiling the experience?). Tester seeks crashes, not avoids them, therefore he always have backups and backups of backups. He never loses his progress, because his progress is in the game development.

So don't be worry as a tester. This bug will (hopefully) be fixed, and your progress will not be lost.

But try to hold on with your gamer demands at least 'till the official beta. Thank you.