Was declining damage with distance added to the code?

I notice since Milestone 3 that successful long shots barely make any damage. This makes snipers quite useless, and gives huge advantage to the aliens. I have not seen any discussion about this in the release information, including the patches. Am I dreaming?  If so, please be at least upfront about it in the documentation. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 11:55 PM, WhoCares said:

I notice since Milestone 3 that successful long shots barely make any damage. This makes snipers quite useless, and gives huge advantage to the aliens. I have not seen any discussion about this in the release information, including the patches. Am I dreaming?  If so, please be at least upfront about it in the documentation. 

Damage does decline beyond max weapon range (when the fire path turns orange), yeah - but it's not a change. That's always been in the game, all the way back to Xenonauts 1, and it affects the aliens the same as humans.

OK. Thanks.

Just seems worse this time around, and at times only with a green path from a sniper. Maybe sniper shots need to have their randomized damaged modified with the minimum damage increased, as they can only shot once per turn. I am at times wondering if it is worthwhile to have a sniper on a team. 

Edited by WhoCares