[V3.0.5 - Geoscape after mission] red text and crash (reproducible)

On 2/10/2024 at 7:06 AM, zardoz2206 said:

this happen after a vip rescue mission.

put last soldier into shuttle = mission over.

then auto_groundcombat_turn_9_start-57.jsonyou see the loading screen, then the reward/advancement. close it and you get the red text and crash.

Thanks for the bug report, it does look similar to the same CTD you've posted. We'll look into it and get it fixed

10 hours ago, zardoz2206 said:

ok i guess not fixed yet.

any recommandation to skip this until then ?  restart before entering the mission ? before mission is trigerred ?

Unfortunately this mission got broken during the changes from 3.04 to 3.05, which is why it's crashing - I think you might need to start a new campaign, as it'll work fine in any campaign started in 3.0.5 or 3.0.6.

Loading a save from before the mission spawned on the Geoscape might also fix it, but I can't guarantee that.

it didn t go well got same mission same day : then there is no way to escape the crash 

if you do the mission it crashes

if you abort the mission it crashes

if you don t go to the mission it crashes (with no red text) when the mission timeing is over.

so to all who started campaign before 3 0 5 : restarting the campaign is mandatory and not an option.