[2.17 Experimental - Ground Combat] Crash to Desktop on finishing mission on loadingscreen.

Goatpile

Description: Sudden Crash to Desktop in Loading screen (at 0%) after finishing Mission with Knockout on Last alien.

What Happened: Played the mission as Normal, its Day 99, My squad cleared the map and only one Sebillian Engineer is left on the Bridge of the UFO. I surround him with 3 people and whack him Unconscious. Mission ends. enters loading screen. Crash to Desktop.

Reproduction: Could reliably reproduce the Crash 3 times by knocking the Alien out. Provided Safefile so you can try too, I have NOT yet tried killing him, delaying a turn or anything else to avoid this bug.

Save File:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aK9dWkHhmdNBqbuEejjdwYXBBiCiRDTm/view?usp=drive_link

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ku6aOWdEIoMDv2Cp8wVelUm2NEPTqlFf/view?usp=sharing

System Specs:  

• AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor              3.60 GHz, 
  • AMD Radeon 6600 XT
  • 16.0 GB RAM
  • Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2

Suggestion: Maybe add a stickypost in the steam forums on where they're supposed to report bugs and how? I can understand however if you don't want the Steam-crowd to flood this forum.

Edited by Goatpile

15 hours ago, Goatpile said:

Description: Sudden Crash to Desktop in Loading screen (at 0%) after finishing Mission with Knockout on Last alien.

What Happened: Played the mission as Normal, its Day 99, My squad cleared the map and only one Sebillian Engineer is left on the Bridge of the UFO. I surround him with 3 people and whack him Unconscious. Mission ends. enters loading screen. Crash to Desktop.

Reproduction: Could reliably reproduce the Crash 3 times by knocking the Alien out. Provided Safefile so you can try too, I have NOT yet tried killing him, delaying a turn or anything else to avoid this bug.

Save File:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aK9dWkHhmdNBqbuEejjdwYXBBiCiRDTm/view?usp=drive_link

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ku6aOWdEIoMDv2Cp8wVelUm2NEPTqlFf/view?usp=sharing

System Specs:  

• AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor              3.60 GHz, 
  • AMD Radeon 6600 XT
  • 16.0 GB RAM
  • Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2

Suggestion: Maybe add a stickypost in the steam forums on where they're supposed to report bugs and how? I can understand however if you don't want the Steam-crowd to flood this forum.

Hey there, thanks for making the effort to create an account and posting a bug report here! Unfortunately I couldn't download the save and logs from the link you've posted as it requires access permission, would you mind uploading the saves and logs directly here? You can simply drag and drop the files when replying to this post to automatically attach it, thanks!

Alright. I updated the permissions so you should have access to the files. Sorry I forgot.

Also attached them here.

Thanks for the swift response and the good work on Xenonauts 2! So far i'm having fun.

I also tested it a bit: the crash happens only when knocking out the sebillian, when killing him the game continues normally.

output.log user_ctd_on_knockout_finish_10per_loading-9.json

1 hour ago, Goatpile said:

Alright. I updated the permissions so you should have access to the files. Sorry I forgot.

Also attached them here.

Thanks for the swift response and the good work on Xenonauts 2! So far i'm having fun.

I also tested it a bit: the crash happens only when knocking out the sebillian, when killing him the game continues normally.

output.log 1.65 MB · 0 downloads user_ctd_on_knockout_finish_10per_loading-9.json 1.88 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks. Weirdly enough I can't reproduce this from the save you provided, but the logs are helpful. We're releasing an update onto Experimental today that we think might fix this.