[2.15 stable tactical] Still some visual issues with ATLAS base tileset

Skitso

23 hours ago, Skitso said:

Decal stuff like the cabinet circled here are visible when they should not be. Shadows are still broken.

image.thumb.jpeg.06303314de6ff058d091bd5663422476.jpeg

Thanks for bringing it up, unfortunately I'm not sure if there's a simple way to get this fixed as it seems to be a shader issue, but I'll bring this up with Chris and see what he thinks

10 minutes ago, Kouki said:

Thanks for bringing it up, unfortunately I'm not sure if there's a simple way to get this fixed as it seems to be a shader issue, but I'll bring this up with Chris and see what he thinks

As the ATLAS base is an interior space, I'm not even sure if we need such wall shadows in the first place. Is the other issue where all the different cabinets, lockers etc. become visible before the wall behind (if you turn soldier one tile at a time to reveal a room, you can reproduce the issue shown in the image above) them also a shader issue? 

On 12/3/2023 at 3:44 PM, Skitso said:

As the ATLAS base is an interior space, I'm not even sure if we need such wall shadows in the first place. Is the other issue where all the different cabinets, lockers etc. become visible before the wall behind (if you turn soldier one tile at a time to reveal a room, you can reproduce the issue shown in the image above) them also a shader issue? 

Yeah was able to repro the second one rather easily, not sure if it's an issue in asset setup of the affected wall tile or with the way vision is handled in the game so I'll have to ask Chris and the team regarding this

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2023 at 9:49 AM, Kouki said:

Yeah was able to repro the second one rather easily, not sure if it's an issue in asset setup of the affected wall tile or with the way vision is handled in the game so I'll have to ask Chris and the team regarding this

This was marked as a fixed issue in the 2.19, but I still have locker doors etc. bugged in ATLAS tileset. 

Image1.jpg

And:

image.thumb.jpeg.cc70f0997b64d4084bf9980ca64ff696.jpeg

Edited by Skitso

This is easy to reproduce: just start an ATLAS base mission, enter a room and rotate the unit one tile at at time until a wall should be revealed. If there's a prop attached to the wall, just the prop or part of it becomes visible. When you turn one more time, also the wall will become visible.

Edited by Skitso