Save game breaking changes from 02/11/2023?

ooey

I want to start playing this properly now, but do you envisage anything being added from now on that would break current saved games from this point? Or are save-breaking changes just a part of the development until final release?

Edited by ooey

7 minutes ago, ooey said:

I want to start playing this properly now, but do you envisage anything being added from now on that would break current saved games from this point? Or are save-breaking changes just a part of the development until final release?

Every major new milestone release will break save games - but even if we update the game, the previous Milestone build will be on our Legacy branches.

So you’ll always be able to finish your playthrough, but once you’ve begun you won’t be able to experience any of the new content without starting a new campaign.

Which begs the question "do you have a final release date in sight yet where it wont?" :).

I think I'll wait then (and just keep grinding in war thunder)!

Thanks for your reply Chris, considering you must be so busy right now. I've played about a month of Xen2 and what I've seen so far is fantastic. Thank you for doing your best to give us varied tactical missions (I've done a collect the USB sticks one so far). The variation really adds to things (I assume somewhere there will be assassination missions where you have to kill cleaner leaders etc. - there was a mission like this in the classic Laser Squad to kill Sterner Renix I think ). It is this kind of thing that was missing from the original (although you did your best there too).

Actually, if it will delay things some more setting the game up with the new and improved Unity, I'd say go for it!

Edited by ooey