A quick note from a long time gamer on load times, please work to shorten them

JohnH

Good afternoon,

Decent work so far, with a nice touch on the multiverse.  I chatted with a senior physicist and she thinks this is your best approach.

In the current game, load times run far too long and you need to generate a reasonable quantity of varied art to put up during that screen shot.

The game will do well once improved to your target audience of old school turn-based strategy folks.  Opening maps to the community and offering challenges with good merch would be wise, I think.

JohnH

15 hours ago, JohnH said:

Good afternoon,

Decent work so far, with a nice touch on the multiverse.  I chatted with a senior physicist and she thinks this is your best approach.

In the current game, load times run far too long and you need to generate a reasonable quantity of varied art to put up during that screen shot.

The game will do well once improved to your target audience of old school turn-based strategy folks.  Opening maps to the community and offering challenges with good merch would be wise, I think.

JohnH

Thanks. Yeah, improving load times is one of our priorities at the moment, you should hopefully see some good improvements on that front in the next month or two!

15 hours ago, JohnH said:

Good afternoon,

JohnH

Thanks. Yeah, improving load times is one of our priorities at the moment, you should hopefully see some good improvements on that front in the next month or two!

11 hours ago, Chris said:

Loading times are  disturbing, becouse player have to do exatctly :  Nothing.

You could try to shorten  them, but short disturbing is still discomfort.

There is another point of view :

mask loading time by some player's activity. Give player something  to do while it is loading.

Here is example :

On the mission end, player have to wait for loading globe screen. Then he is allowed to see after-battle report.

Make a masking of loading time as fallows: Show After battle report immediately after the battle. Then loading screen is a background for after-battle report. Make sure that player interaction with after-battle report gets top proccessing priority  (loading could  be few scodns slower, but player who is playing with the report do not feel loading time as discomfort becouse he has something to do).

Also make sure that The  after battle report survives as top window while the background changes from  battle to loading screen  to globe screen.

Similar could be done for loading into mission:

Show mission briefing immediately when loading time starts. (player can read briefing meanwhile mission is loading)

Show landing ship (hangar interface), so player could check soldiers equipmpent or re-shufle positions of soldiers.(or even re arm)

Edited by gG-Unknown