new 14 features !

10 hours ago, Marian said:

Your opinion is based on the current state of the game, which is only its initial stage. Imagine that at some point ships with 50 aliens on board will enter the fight, do you think that 6 or even 10 of your soldiers will be able to deal with them?

I see that our approaches are different, mine is based on x-com from the 90s, yours is based on its clone from 2012.

Game designer have to create manageable situations with interesting series of dilemmas.

Create massive battles which are not manageable for majority of potentiation costumers, is wrong game design.

Idea of 50 opponents  is possible: Lets make 6 aliens with plazma guns, 4 psionics who control 10 human civilians  each. Civilians act like zombies, slow hand-to-hand attack. Falls unconscious when alien psionic is killed. Such scenario creates many interesting situations. 6 vs 50 scenario.

Regarding your assumptions about my approach, you are wrong. I have finished Terror from the deep on year of release on highest difficulty in form of Iron man. No save-load.

Edited by gG-Unknown

2 hours ago, gG-Unknown said:

Create massive battles which are not manageable for majority of potentiation costumers, is wrong game design.

People who are interested in controlling only one unit - they play games of the "action" genre. People who are interested in managing hundreds of units - they play games of the "strategy" genre. Each game genre has its own fans. If you turn a franchise (popular in one genre) into a completely different genre, only to lose fans of the old genre and try to win the interest of fans of another genre, then this is a very risky and not reliable solution.

X-COM:1-2-3 games have gained a lot of fans in the niche of the game market "tactics at the platoon level". In order not to lose fans of games in the niche "tactics at the platoon level", (games where it is necessary to control the number of units the size of one platoon) - these games should remain "tactics at the platoon level". Of course, you can "optimize" the number of controlled units to one or two, (similar to games of another genre) but it will be a game in a completely different genre.

P.S. If you tell a fan of games in the genre of "strategy" that it is necessary to reduce the number of units in games of the genre of "strategy" to 5-6 units (since it is very difficult for some people to manage units in the amount of 500-600), then these people will tell you that you made a mistake in choosing the genre of the game.

• Like 1