Feature Request: Crouch All - Using available TU Points, if available.

I am new here to the forums and have logged almost 30 hours in Xenonauts 2. Never played the first one.

Feature: I find myself often crouching down the entire team manually every turn.  It would be less cumbersome to be able to press one button "Crouch All" where each team member is cycled through and crouched using the available TU points if any.  It seems more likely that the way the game is played, standing is more rare than crouching.

Should be simple to add a UI element linked to a function that uses the next soldier, if not crouched & has remaining TU, then crouch, next soldier... ect... until all members are cycled through.

Edited by mr00anderson

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Nice Idea in Theory. In your Explanation you bring in the Difficulty with the indivudual TU´s already in.

And an other difficulty comes in there too. In most Cases you wanna move an other Soldier first then the one in the "Next Soldier"-Row. Means you wanna set that Soldier to Wait-Postion, then move the others and at last this one. If you use the next Soldier-Button, the Soldier is Closed and won´t move this Turn anymore.

That you can only compensate with the exixisting individual-Movement-System in Xenonauts 2, UFO ET-Row and similar Games of that Gerne. If I remember me correctly, the new XCOM-Row and Phoenix-Point have the same Problem and couldn´t solve it.

On 10/12/2023 at 6:29 PM, mr00anderson said:

I am new here to the forums and have logged almost 30 hours in Xenonauts 2. Never played the first one.

Feature: I find myself often crouching down the entire team manually every turn.  It would be less cumbersome to be able to press one button "Crouch All" where each team member is cycled through and crouched using the available TU points if any.  It seems more likely that the way the game is played, standing is more rare than crouching.

Should be simple to add a UI element linked to a function that uses the next soldier, if not crouched & has remaining TU, then crouch, next soldier... ect... until all members are cycled through.

Hmmm - doesn't it make more sense just to crouch them at the end of their moves individually? I guess I'm curious why you don't completely finish the actions of one soldier before moving onto the next, as that's the way I play (assuming I'm not deliberately leaving TU for overwatch or supporting fire etc).

The keyboard shortcut C speeds things up a bit too, if you're not aware of that.