[1.29d]The good old destroyed walls not updating it's visuals are still present unfortunately.

Skitso

I've seen it every now and then, last time just now with the 1.29d stable version in the intel gather mission where the building's grey interior walls didn't provide cover. Can't point you in the right direction what caused it unfortunately- just a heads up it's still not fixed. 

2 hours ago, Skitso said:

I've seen it every now and then, last time just now with the 1.29d stable version in the intel gather mission where the building's grey interior walls didn't provide cover. Can't point you in the right direction what caused it unfortunately- just a heads up it's still not fixed. 

Thanks. Hmmm, that's annoying.

A save game would be great here, because I'm wondering if this is actually a different bug where the interior and exterior walls aren't being destroyed together. Do you know if the problem goes away if you save / load?

44 minutes ago, Chris said:

A save game would be great here, because I'm wondering if this is actually a different bug where the interior and exterior walls aren't being destroyed together. Do you know if the problem goes away if you save / load?

I tested the stable branch, so no saves unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Do you know if the problem goes away if you save / load?

I tried the intelligence hub mission again as it seems to generate this issue with my playstyle quite often. I saved the game (save game attached) as soon as I noticed the issue.

Here's an image of the situation after I loaded the save. As you can see, reloading the save removes the issue. There was a damaged wall and a bookself at the point of the yellow arrow. 

I tend to start this mission with MARS shooting two rockets at the main door. This time I had 2 machine gunners both fire full bursts to suppress. Could it be that tiles that break outside of FOV causes this?    

image.thumb.jpeg.4cbe506a6792196936191f41ce00718d.jpeg

user_destroyed_wall_bug-2.json

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Ok, with further testing, I got a save before and after with images:

This is the starting situation. Just load the first save and force fire a machine gun burst with unit nro. 9 and target the bookself like in this image:
image.thumb.jpeg.51e643e093b89951c00e53bf21b02b7e.jpeg

It might take few tries with the 'reset save seed' checked to get the bullets to hit just right. Here's an image of the end result when it bugs: image.thumb.jpeg.9bdcc9a5a40493ed960b557aa52086d0.jpeg

As you can see, the room behind the wall is visible and walls are still intact. Sometimes you can walk through the walls, sometimes not. Hopefully this helps you track the issue down. :)

user_wall_bug-6.json user_wall_bug_2-7.json