Civilians seem to love jumping through windows

Why is it that civilians in this game seem to have a preference for jumping through windows and not go through doors, one can appreciate a person who is desperate to get away, to do some dangerous things, as jumping through a windows is very dangerous, you could be cut to pieces. One would think that if a door was close at hand, and not barred by an Alien, that would be the obvious place of departure. In this game they seem to do it when not confronted by nearby Aliens. I hope that this is something the game developers are working on, as it has not been appoint of discussion so far??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GIraaa said:

Good observation, I also found them to enjoy running into UFOs, and get shot by aliens :D

yeah, I mean, if they don't even have a gun, WTF are they doing running INTO the alien ship?  I have seen it happen.  Makes zero sense.  Hope the civilian logic is improved a little.

Jumping through windows should cost considerably more TU's to prevent this from happening. It's cool to be able to do it, but it's way too easy atm. Same with MARS. It's cool that it can bash through walls, but there should be a bit more TU cost from doing so. 

• Like 2

You just got off work recently, not caring at all for the world news, when suddenly, a UFO swoops down crashing and aliens start blasting their plasma rifles at your direction. You have several choices to do so, do you:

A: Run to the nearest building and take cover and be useful?

B: Run towards the downed UFO just to get a closer look at the alien?

C: Run towards the nearest soldier in blue and block his line of fire?

D: Run to the nearest building's window ignoring the door that is closer to you, crash into it, then hop back outside, and THEN running towards the downed UFO?

80% of the time its always D.

• Haha 1