[1.28B Tactical] If all soldiers die in Cleaner HQ mission, some of them are revived.

Skitso

On 8/3/2023 at 5:54 PM, Chris said:

Do you have a save game we can look at?

This bug seems to happen in any mission. I tested this now with a random abduction mission and killed all my own units. Still someone seems to get revived in mission debriefing screen.

Load the save and just end the turn so MARS is destroyed.

user_bug_test-1.json

Edited by Skitso

So I guess the logic ought to be something about body recovery? e.g. if you 'own' the battlefield at the end, all bodies are recovered and you have a chance of reviving some of them. If you don't 'own' the battlefield at the end 'corpses' taken back to the dropship (either still carried by survivors or placed in the dropship) are eligible for recovery. I think this would be the same as for loot. 

On 8/3/2023 at 8:45 AM, Skitso said:

...who would recover the bodies...

The dropship flight crew are the real heroes.  I know your position is one of logical story consistency, but I don't see this as a coding "bug".  You just want additional logic bracketing the survival calculation to deny revival if all soldiers are dead, yes?.

• 2 weeks later...