[1.28B Strategy] Skyhawk and all soldiers in it vanish if you lose it's base while it's on flight

Skitso

I had all but 4 wounded soldiers in my Skyhawk on the way to a Cleaner Cell mission when aliens attacked the HQ. I lost the base defend mission with my 4 wounded rookies left there. When I returned to the Geoscape, my Skyhawk and all my elite soldiers along with their equipment in it vanished in thin air. Soldiers were added in the casualty list and the final mission was reported to be their last completed terror mission they were on a bit earlier.

So in a situation like this, it would be good to be able to reroute the Skywawk to one of my other bases with empty hangars. It would have been epic to try to survive and push through such a grim situation, but losing all my soldiers and equipment was a bit too much and I needed to restart the campaign.

Also, soldiers killed while in Skyhawk should be marked as killed in transfer/international waters maybe?

Edit: hmmm, i didn't have living space in my other bases, so maybe the situation just wasn't survivable. *shrug*

Edited by Skitso
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Skitso said:

I had all but 4 wounded soldiers in my Skyhawk on the way to a Cleaner Cell mission when aliens attacked the HQ. I lost the base defend mission with my 4 wounded rookies left there. When I returned to the Geoscape, my Skyhawk and all my elite soldiers along with their equipment in it vanished in thin air. Soldiers were added in the casualty list and the final mission was reported to be their last completed terror mission they were on a bit earlier.

So in a situation like this, it would be good to be able to reroute the Skywawk to one of my other bases with empty hangars. It would have been epic to try to survive and push through such a grim situation, but losing all my soldiers and equipment was a bit too much and I needed to restart the campaign.

Also, soldiers killed while in Skyhawk should be marked as killed in transfer/international waters maybe?

Edit: hmmm, i didn't have living space in my other bases, so maybe the situation just wasn't survivable. *shrug*

Hmmm. It's unlikely we'll end up fixing this to be honest; it's not going to be at all straightforward to change ownership of an aircraft and a dozen soldiers and all their equipment while they're not even at the base that owns them, and this scenario seems like a pretty rare occurrence anyway.

6 hours ago, Chris said:

Hmmm. It's unlikely we'll end up fixing this to be honest; it's not going to be at all straightforward to change ownership of an aircraft and a dozen soldiers and all their equipment while they're not even at the base that owns them, and this scenario seems like a pretty rare occurrence anyway.

Yeah, I expected as much... it's probably something less than 0.1% of players will ever experience anyways. 

Edited by Skitso