Simple request if there is time. I'd like the ability to change soldiers appearance, gender, and nationality in addition to name.

For me, I love being able to change my soldiers to people I know. This was such a small thing in the new XCOM games that added a lot of enjoyment for me. So in addition to just allowing changing our soldiers names, I'd love to be able to change appearance, gender, and nationality on top of the existing name change, to match people I know.

I know this isn't the most pressing thing and I'm not saying this should come before major features, but I still think this is a small thing that would add a lot to the game and should be done at some point.

• Like 3

perhaps also havin different body types (male / female) instead of havin male body for all your soldiers and only change the face.

Very apparent with the stalker armour in case of female soldiers...

Edited by Raffik
addition
  • Like 1

That won´t be possible about the Copyright from the Crowfounders / Betatesters and Developers, which created the Soldiers as a Portrait from them. And that´s Fact. If you wan´t an Soldier for yourself you can do it later on. All others ingame are Copyright-Secured and Hardcoded.

Edited by Alienkiller

1 hour ago, Alienkiller said:

That won´t be possible about the Copyright from the Crowfounders / Betatesters and Developers, which created the Soldiers as a Portrait from them. And that´s Fact. If you wan´t an Soldier for yourself you can do it later on. All others ingame are Copyright-Secured and Hardcoded.

How does that have anything to do with it? You can already change the names, I'm not saying we should change the existing faces, just let us select from the ones available and select the soldiers gender and nationality. Nothing you said would prevent us from just being able to select from the available options.

A lot, about the fact, that we Founders and the Developers created their own Soldiers (Copyright-Safety) and wanna be asked first, before someone is making an 08/15-Scrap-Change to them, if that Soldiers aren´t hardcoded implemented. If not we get very angry and that nobody whish.

Edited by Alienkiller

4 hours ago, Alienkiller said:

A lot, about the fact, that we Founders and the Developers created their own Soldiers (Copyright-Safety) and wanna be asked first, before someone is making an 08/15-Scrap-Change to them, if that Soldiers aren´t hardcoded implemented. If not we get very angry and that nobody whish.

I don't think you understand what I'm asking for. I'm not asking to be able to change the existing faces, just to be able to select the one you want for your soldier from the ones that already do exist. There is no "08/15-Scrap-Change" to the faces, just saying "oh, I want to select one of the other faces for this character."

19 minutes ago, Prkl8r said:

I don't think you understand what I'm asking for. I'm not asking to be able to change the existing faces, just to be able to select the one you want for your soldier from the ones that already do exist. There is no "08/15-Scrap-Change" to the faces, just saying "oh, I want to select one of the other faces for this character."

It's better to just ignore Alienkiller. I'm sure there's some language barrier, but his ramblings are almost always about as useful as dick flavored lollipop.

Edited by Skitso
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Alienkiller said:

Dude, no hard feelings, but I have no idea what you are talking about. Do you write your posts in your native language and copy and paste it in a translator afterwards to get English?
I'm not a native speaker myself so I feel your pain, but what you are doing is clearly not working.

If they create complete new ones with the Soldier-Designer or wanna change the not hardcoded fictive-Soldiers they can implement / change what they want. That is meant.

Existing personaly Soldiers which get done personaly in hard work from Founders / Beta-Testers / Developers (like the Soldier from Emily_F, Developer Chris other Developers etc.) are property. That are your own Chars in the Game and an Change to them from strangers are an private intervention. And that nobody wanna have, so they have to be hardcoded.

Edited by Alienkiller

14 minutes ago, Alienkiller said:

If they create complete new ones with the Soldier-Designer or wanna change the not hardcoded fictive-Soldiers they can implement / change what they want. That is meant.

Existing personaly Soldiers which get done personaly in hard work from Founders / Beta-Testers / Developers (like the Soldier from Emily_F, Developer Chris other Developers etc.) are property. That are your own Chars in the Game and an Change to them from strangers are an private intervention. And that nobody wanna have, so they have to be hardcoded.

You do know you can already change the name of any soldier in the game already right? So in that sense, none of the soldiers are hardcoded. Being able to change the name but not the appearance is kinda silly because if the purpose is forcing these people to be in peoples games, that's already undercut by allowing name changing.