[1.04 End of 1st Cleaner Mission] Game crashes

After a longer pause, strated X2 again.
Played a couple of missions before 1.04 came out (V27.8 or so) which was quite stable.
Now new campaign, and a lot of problems: Loading lags (many many loading lags), Time-Buttons on Geoscape don't work and game has to be reloaded, Soldier equipment cannot be changed (need reload) and other.

Now, first Cleaner mission, bringing all soldiers back to the Osprey. Game goes back to Geoscape and then crashes before the soldier recap screen comes.

Log & Save to recreate it 100% enclosed.

X2.zip

11 hours ago, thixotrop said:

After a longer pause, strated X2 again.
Played a couple of missions before 1.04 came out (V27.8 or so) which was quite stable.
Now new campaign, and a lot of problems: Loading lags (many many loading lags), Time-Buttons on Geoscape don't work and game has to be reloaded, Soldier equipment cannot be changed (need reload) and other.

Now, first Cleaner mission, bringing all soldiers back to the Osprey. Game goes back to Geoscape and then crashes before the soldier recap screen comes.

Log & Save to recreate it 100% enclosed.

X2.zip 2.87 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks. Hopefully I'll be able to hotfix this tomorrow morning!

EDIT - and yes, as Melee says below, I suggest you delete your game directory and reinstall it. Most of the other issues are probably due to some kind of file corruption.

Did a clean install:
- deinstalling in Steam
- manually deleting the Xenonauts2 file under steamapps/common
- and deleting the whole file under user/documents/my games/xenonauts2
- downloaded new version 1.05, save games reappear automatically (steamcloud, I guess)

After starting the game, note of 1.05 in the corner, and continueing my game at the ground combat. Mission ends. Geoscape. Crash.
Tried it two times. Quick-saved the second time before ending the mission.
Log and save enclosed.

X2_now 1.05.zip

2 hours ago, thixotrop said:

Did a clean install:
- deinstalling in Steam
- manually deleting the Xenonauts2 file under steamapps/common
- and deleting the whole file under user/documents/my games/xenonauts2
- downloaded new version 1.05, save games reappear automatically (steamcloud, I guess)

After starting the game, note of 1.05 in the corner, and continueing my game at the ground combat. Mission ends. Geoscape. Crash.
Tried it two times. Quick-saved the second time before ending the mission.
Log and save enclosed.

X2_now 1.05.zip 1 MB · 0 downloads

You'll need to revert to a strategy save from before that ground mission, as the fix was for the ground missions getting corrupted.

1 hour ago, thixotrop said:

How much farther before?
I loaded the save game that was before battle. It started at the Geoscape where you click to start tactical battle.
Did the whole mission again. Game crashed when back to Geoscape and before the recap screen comes.

X2_now 1.05_2.zip 2.72 MB · 0 downloads

Hmmm. That should have worked, any strategy save should have been fine. We'll take a look at it.

EDIT - could you provide a strategy save too please?