Crash to windows from title screen

Apologies if I have missed the right thread or place to put this.. I have only downloaded the game today and so havent been able to gp back through all of the sections and threads.

I have the latest version and managed to get it to open and on title screen, however after a few seconds it crashes with no error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lance

Could be corrupt files

May have to download again. (you would not be the first person to get some bad files from desura Lol)

Did you download the standalone version or let desuar install it for you?

If desura install you can use desura interface to verify the files.

Also what version of Windows are you using? In case your files are good, the developers might find the info useful.

Edited by Danxeno

From event log:

Faulting application name: Xenonauts.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50855cfa

Faulting module name: Xenonauts.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50855cfa

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0002d1cd

Faulting process id: 0x1418

Faulting application start time: 0x01cdb3b5a44a64b0

Faulting application path: C:\Users\Lance\Downloads\V17.1.1\V17.1\Xenonauts.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Users\Lance\Downloads\V17.1.1\V17.1\Xenonauts.exe

Report Id: 3288b80c-1fa9-11e2-9a25-ac7289784b27

The majority of problems I have seen with geoscape loading issues seem to be using mobile (laptop) graphics cards.

I have put it down to the geoscape images in the past (as I said previously in this thread) but that is speculation until someone can test it to find out one way or the other.

You could maybe try swapping the default images for some lower res ones and try loading the game up.

If you open up copies of the original files and flood fill them one colour for testing that should make them small and easy to handle.

I still have a set of low res earth images I put together for someone else to try but they never got back to me.

You can try those if you want to see what effect they might have.

Not sure where I can host them but I can always email them out.

Hello all,

Yes, I checked all my drivers yesterday and they are all up to date.

Graphics card is reasonably heavy duty and mainstream I thought, although I guess any one can cause a conflict.

I can try replacing the pictures. I attempted again yesterday (that is where the event log info came from) and if I click quick enough I can get to the launch game screen.

Is there nothing in that info that suggests what it could be? I don't really understand what it is trying to tell me.

Is there nothing in that info that suggests what it could be? I don't really understand what it is trying to tell me.

Well, no. Exception 0xC0000005 is an Access Violation Error, which in non-computer talk is a piece of software trying to save information to memory when it's not allowed to (or can't).

Problem is, it's a really wide ranging issue. It could be faulty RAM. It could be corrupt drivers/software. It could just be badly written software/drivers (or by a bug in well written software), or it could even be the fault of malware/adware being on the computer.

My suggestion is to simply redownload the standalone. A bit of pain, but a good step incase one of the files inside the archive didn't download correctly.

Edited by Buzzles