Market Idea

I just fired this up after a two-month hiatus. I'm pretty sure its v26.3.

I was thinking that selling your items isn't as good a deal as it used to be, as the more you sell, the lower the price.

So, how about a modification to reflect how you are doing? If much of the world is panicking, perhaps there would be more demand for corpses, alien alloys, et al. as other nations attempt to deal with the alien menace on their own. In other words, it you are doing poorly, the market offers a better price, while if you sell a lot and are also doing well, the prices will stay down.

Anyway, something to think about. "Dynamic" or "Fixed" market prices could also be a setting.

Cheers,

CB

• 3 weeks later...

The smaller the turnover of money, the lower the level of economic development. Probably - the speed of economic development in the game was too high. And money turned out to be the most effective way to solve all global problems.

If you use the mechanics of the game, in which a player with an unlimited amount of money can win, and maybe lose, then there would be no point in severely limiting prices and resources.

Edited by Komandos

Yeah, the Market Idea is very good, but at the Moment to ill-conceived.

It´s not so easy to integrate an Market-System for such an Game without unbalancing. That we have seen in the first Game "Xenonauts 1" and an similar unbalance "the UFO ET-Row" have too atm. Personaly I don´t know how to make it better, esp. with new Armours, Weapons, Parts etc.

So let´s see what the Devs have done for the next Beta-Test-Version (v.27 or V.28) in that Part, which is still in WIP.

If the developers want to slow down the economic development of the player, it is easier to increase the construction and production time. I think they just don't want to give the player a lot of Bases from the very beginning of the game. Since the Base is a guarantee of the security of the region.