V26 - Several little bugs

Emily_F

1. The game seems to have stopped progressing - I appear to have researched everything (including the live Ethereal) and the orbital bombardments have started, but I just keep getting terror missions and battleships to attack.  No sign of an endgame mission.

2. What is happening with the memory hole issue?  It it quite annoying to have to keep quitting and reloading the game every couple of in-game months. 

3. The stores having 150 inventory size is crazy. 

4. I am pretty sure I have fusion weapons disappear (which I think is related to the inventory issue above)

5. I'm not sure the sentinel actually does anything

Edited by Emily_F

On 2/19/2023 at 12:19 PM, Emily_F said:

1. The game seems to have stopped progressing - I appear to have researched everything (including the live Ethereal) and the orbital bombardments have started, but I just keep getting terror missions and battleships to attack.  No sign of an endgame mission.

2. What is happening with the memory hole issue?  It it quite annoying to have to keep quitting and reloading the game every couple of in-game months. 

3. The stores having 150 inventory size is crazy. 

4. I am pretty sure I have fusion weapons disappear (which I think is related to the inventory issue above)

5. I'm not sure the sentinel actually does anything

The memory leak is going to be a big multi-day timesink, we'll need to find specific tools that allow us to find the issue so we've not started on that one yet.

Do you have a save for issue 1? The most recent save of yours that I have doesn't have the Eternal captured in it.

23 hours ago, Emily_F said:

Thanks. Yeah, there definitely does seem to be a bug here. But it's odd because it doesn't affect everyone - another user provided a late game save in the last few days where researching the Eternal correctly unlocked the final mission.

I'm going to look into this a bit more. Unfortunately your saves don't include anything where you have the captured Eternal so I need to capture one manually, but even evaluating that has exposed a bug where the Eternals aren't even spawning in most of the Battleships (which I'll patch now). Hopefully I'll get it sorted out but if you do another playthrough, please do a manual save after you capture the Eternal but before you research it. That way I'll have a reproducible case of the bug if it affects you again.

Have you ever managed to unlock ENDGAME, btw? Or has it failed every time?

25 minutes ago, Chris said:

Thanks. Yeah, there definitely does seem to be a bug here. But it's odd because it doesn't affect everyone - another user provided a late game save in the last few days where researching the Eternal correctly unlocked the final mission.

I'm going to look into this a bit more. Unfortunately your saves don't include anything where you have the captured Eternal so I need to capture one manually, but even evaluating that has exposed a bug where the Eternals aren't even spawning in most of the Battleships (which I'll patch now). Hopefully I'll get it sorted out but if you do another playthrough, please do a manual save after you capture the Eternal but before you research it. That way I'll have a reproducible case of the bug if it affects you again.

Have you ever managed to unlock ENDGAME, btw? Or has it failed every time?

This is the first time i got this far to be fair