Name stays original even when changed

Like title says when i change a name on an soldier later when i Finnish a map, on the experience screen were u see your soldiers what they gained level in names there are the original names not the one i change them to

Maybe an new bug on 16.1/or maybe devs already know about this. I just wanted to tell and interested as well whats the reason.

Edited by Aceor

Not really a new bug. It's been in for a while. Not sure if it' known to Chris though.

It should display the callsign (the name you changed it to) but it shows the name that is still left in the soldiers file on the soldier screen for some reason. (The soldier keeps his original name in that one line and everything else is the callsign.)

btw have you read :

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/741-The-Bug-Reporting-Process-*%28Updated-17-Jan-2012%29*

It would help if you formated the topic lines like the other bug reports. please and thank you :)

I thought that it wasn't a bug since it has been like that for ages.

Chris commented on it in the soldier customization thread in the suggestions/request forum. The callsign is supposed to be displayed at the AAR. the only place the original name is supposed to be kept is that one line in the soldier file.

The term "Callsign" is just put in the game because I didn't think it was particularly realistic to add an option to literally change the name of your soldiers. Seemed a bit immersion-breaking to me. To all purposes and effects, it should rename the soldier everywhere in the game except for the tiny writing above his stats on the Soldier Equip screen. If the Callsign doesn't overwrite the name somewhere, then it's a bug and should be reported as such.
Edited by Gorlom

Not really a new bug. It's been in for a while. Not sure if it' known to Chris though.

It should display the callsign (the name you changed it to) but it shows the name that is still left in the soldiers file on the soldier screen for some reason. (The soldier keeps his original name in that one line and everything else is the callsign.)

btw have you read :

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/741-The-Bug-Reporting-Process-*%28Updated-17-Jan-2012%29*

It would help if you formated the topic lines like the other bug reports. please and thank you :)

Its fixed now sorry and thanks for telling :D

Its not like i cant play whit the bug its just a bit irritating but hey game is great i can live whit it =)

"Edit" guess u cant edit thread so i will keep that in mind sorry again

Edited by Aceor