Unable to download

Hey,

I made my FIRST EVER purchase of a game and ... it kinda failed.

Installed this pos Desura and after purchase and trying to install the game or something like that (fucking confusing shit is this Desura) it says: There was an error in the validation process stopped etc etc No mirrors available for the game 38.111

:(

Hey,

I made my FIRST EVER purchase of a game and ... it kinda failed.

Installed this pos Desura and after purchase and trying to install the game or something like that (fucking confusing shit is this Desura) it says: There was an error in the validation process stopped etc etc No mirrors available for the game 38.111

:(

If it's any consolation, you're not alone in this. I'd keep tabs on this thread to find out when we can get back to playing again.

I was able to update to v16 (Windows) with no trouble, but Desura fails to update to v16.1 and then refuses to play without the update. Until something changes, I seem to be locked out of the game.

There is a 16.1 file on the zipped download page, but there seems to be no way to get it without being billed $19.95.

Have you tried just running the Xenonauts exe without running it through Desura?

If their client won't allow it to run without an update then skipping Desura might work.

I only use it when I actually want an update or to have a look for new indie games.

Also have you tried the procedure in this sticky thread?

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/739-How-to-download-Xenonauts-without-using-Desura%21

I can run the executable file, but it's v16 rather than the current build.

I admit I have not read all nine pages of the sticky thread, but I have been to the download page. I can download v16.1 only if I put it in my shopping cart and pay the $20.

I guess I can uninstall the whole game and re-download using Desura, which should avoid the update process that fails. I was hoping I could be lazy and Desura would identify the problem in their updater, but it seems increasingly unlikely to happen....

I was able to update to v16 (Windows) with no trouble, but Desura fails to update to v16.1 and then refuses to play without the update. Until something changes, I seem to be locked out of the game.

There is a 16.1 file on the zipped download page, but there seems to be no way to get it without being billed $19.95.

just go to you email you got when you bought the game and there will be a link to the download link, so no you dont need to pay just to download it once more