Noob Guid to the Xenonauts Forum

Radon

Hey guys,

i just learned about this game yesterday and immediately bought it. Right now i am a little confused by the tens of thousands posts that can already be found.

I am in quiet a lot of Indy Dev Suporter Forums and it´s hard to keep up with the ton of stuff that gets put outthere. Sadly some of the users get downright aggressive if you dare to post something that has been posted before. So i would like to ask you to provide me and other noobs a cool must read list of Forum and game related stuff from the Interwebs.

Sort of a "things you should now" list.

Only tip I can give is: search before posting.

I find doing a google search usually works better than the forum's own search function. To search stuff from this site specifically with google, you just need to type site:goldhawkinteractive.com and then the search words after that.

I'm pretty new here too and so far I've asked some stupid questions and made even stupider (probably) comments but everyone here seems to be extremely cool. I LOVE YOU ALL! \o/

I only heard about Xenonauts because of the XCOM Steam forums and the rabid defenders (dev alts?) on there that keep telling us all to go play it and STFU :D

You bring up a good question though. Is there a FAQ about the current state of Xenonauts somewhere? I see the one on the website but it seems a little dated.

Hi Radon. Like every forum, there are people that do get annoyed by the same questions getting asked over and over. If I see something that I know has been asked before, I tend to link the questioner back to either the last thread that asked it, or link that person to the thread which I think best answers the question.

EDIT: There are a few guys over on the Bug Formus who really know a LOT about all the various bugs that currently plague the alpha, but to my mind the one who knows the most is Buzzles. He also comes up with more than a few of the workarounds.

Edited by Max_Caine

• 2 months later...

Well support or not, I'm also new and am going through all the threads and compiling a list of whats in game, bug fixes, and wish list for what people say they want in game,

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/3838-Unofficial-Hub-Xenonauts-Wish-List

if you want help me out, just read whats in the thread, find stuff and or add your own ideas and I will keep updateing this every day

with a little time we can make 1 page that covers everything (with links to other threads talking about what ever topic listed in depth)