Dropship storage space and worldmap structures

Counter-question dorphin: Why wouldn't you want a locker?

If you were a soldier deploying agaisnt an unknwon enemy, and your dropship had room to spare - wouldn't you want to bring in extra weapons, just in case?

and b.t.w. - real dropships do have space for extra equipment if necessary by mission profiles. Especialy special forces. And Xenonauts aren't normal military.

There is practicly always a need for extra equipment. Which is why the US miltiary is experimenting with ideas such as "Big Dog".

Gauddlike and Buzzles it looks to me like you are championing "fake difficulty"

Gauddlike has suggested a cumbersome workaround where you overload your guys and waste a turn offloading equipment all over the chinook floor instead of moving off the transport. That just sounds like a terrible mechanic where something is obviously missing and should be... well streamlined. (ugh such an ugly word)

The mechanic exists in the original X-com game that you loaded equipment onto the transport and then equipped the troops from there, and quite frankly I kind of miss it in Xenonauts. Ok it's nice that you can select load outs before you arrive at the scene. But now that we are getting the role assignment and quick load out selection I kinda think the old system can be better then the workaround suggested.

Buzzles objections I don't understand at all. Feels like both him and the people he argues against are making assumptions that they aren't telling the other side or something. You know buzzles you don't need to use the storage locker if it's there.

It won't really change anything if it's done good. It's just less hassle than Guaddlikes workaround for the player.

If it's a hassle for the programmers is another thing though :P

"Streamline" is only a terrible word when it's used by marketers, since it's often a euphemism for 'simplify' or 'remove'.

I'm just getting the impression the nay-sayers think this will significantly curb difficulty, but I doubt it will. Playing on the highest difficulty with Iron Man mode will still be a pain.