couple of questions

vyrank

Finally got past first 2 missions without crashing! YAY!

Couple of frustrations

Terror site in Australia.. Base is in middle of America. Chinook won't make it there with it's fuel. I take no death or losses from it. (and given the text, I sort of thougth I would have taken big losses on the screen) It even talks about big diplomacy negative from all countries but real effect. My frustration, I think whatever mode of transport we have should be able to make it to all the sites. That was a basic in the original.

2nd point of frustration.

Dodging enemy craft. I can't seem to hit them at all with missles. THe little fighters outrun migs and others.. I chase them around for a while but never get them. When I finally run out of missiles they will turn and fight and sometimes I will get them. But never any crash sites. (it is in october)

3rd point of Question..

I have tons of aliens floating above my home base.. I send ships out all day and chase them around.. if I catch them in combat they still get away. Should these guys be hovering over my base and a pack of 5 groups of aliens just hanging around *MY* home base. I also can't tell if my missle base Is actually doing anything. What is the range on that thing? 100 yards :)

4th statement

I really don't like the air combat but that is just me :)

5th statement.

I love everything else about the game. I wish I go along far enough to see some technology trees. Working on Energy weapons right now but it does look cool. I really like the ground combat and the options. I need to equip my people. I am not much of a shotgun guy :)

I think the full game will be great. Just need to work on the tuning. A very decent alpha :)

On your second point of frustration.

1) Outrunning MiGs?. If a UFO is running away from you in the air combat screen, then providing you have enough fuel, use the afterburner to catch up quickly.

2) If a UFO can dodge missiles, fire one missile, then either as the UFO dodges or just before, fire the other missile(s). The UFO will dodge one missile, but it won't have time to recover to dodge the other(s).

On the crash sites: Fighters do not give crash sites. Scouts give crash sites if you shoot them over land. You can tail UFOs until over land with one of the buttons if you reach an UFO with your ships in geoscape (if the button cannot be clicked on, then you already are over land).

Terror site in Australia.. Base is in middle of America. Chinook won't make it there with it's fuel. I take no death or losses from it. (and given the text, I sort of thougth I would have taken big losses on the screen) It even talks about big diplomacy negative from all countries but real effect. My frustration, I think whatever mode of transport we have should be able to make it to all the sites. That was a basic in the original.

To answer your first "frustration", read through the following thread:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/3018-Gameplay-Suggestion-Chinook-Range

It might make you change your mind, or at least understand why it currently is what it is.

Max has already answered your second point.

On the third point: The base defences only work as part of an actual Base Defence mission, which aren't in game yet. They'll have a chance to either kill the incoming UFO, or damage it resulting in less aliens assaulting your base. They're not there to clear the airspace.

Thanks for all the Help!

I appreciate the link about the Chinook and commented on the thread. I will still like to see range increased :)

I had been playing another xcomish game recently and then head them as Air Space cleaners. It was sort of fun when you got in trouble using those as a helping hand!

I had to go and dig a while. I kept looking at Help for how to use afterburners and I didn't see anything I finally found this http://www.xenonauts.com/manual.html#C2 After a reading, I saw how to fight UFO's. Now, I am off to chase down the cowardly ufo's now!

Thanks for the help in keeping EARTH safe!