[v15.1] Invisible farmer (shadow was visible) on Farm Map.

I encountered an invisible farmer on the farm map. All I could see was a dark circle moving around on the ground. I know he was not an alien for three reasons, 1. he didn't shoot at me, 2. I couldn't auto target his "shadow", but the green circle came on, 3. he was random running around in circles in middle of an open field.

The UFO I was after was the scout.

I did see and kill a couple of Caseans on the same map (this ended the mission), so the aliens were not invisible.

Saw the same thing yesterday on the same map. For a brief moment, this invisible farmer became visible when jumping a fence, he had a unarmored blue soldier skin, he moved a bit and became a shadow again. He did nothing at all during the mission, just moved around a bit, but in the end I got a CTD, dunno if its related.

Edited by chacineiro

Saw the same thing yesterday on the same map. For a brief moment, this invisible farmer became visible when jumping a fence, he had a unarmored blue soldier skin, he moved a bit and became a shadow again. He did nothing at all during the mission, just moved around a bit, but in the end I got a CTD, dunno if its related.
Now that I think about it, I think my "invisible" farmer may have been visible at the start for a couple turns and then cloaked.

It might be one of the armed farmers that are supposed to be in, but there is no sprites in the

.../friendlyaitroops/farm/weapon.farmershotgun folder

Thanks for jogging my memory. I forgot to add that my invisible farmer was killed by an M-60 burst. He left a red spot on the ground AND A SHOTGUN, but no BODY! Good call!

• 2 weeks later...

On my first mission on the farm map I noticed something invisible with marker circles soon after exiting the chopper. Couldn't target it but sent a guy with a shotgun up close and forcefired into the square (ctrl-click) and killed whatever it was. Examined the corpse and it was human soldier and it had dropped a civilan shotgun. Oops. Ran around the map looking for aliens for many turns, found 3 panicking civilians. Finally found an invisible alien close to the small scout wreck, only way I could tell it was there was because one of soldiers couldn't down a onesquare lane between the edge and the wreck and it sort of highlighted when I placed my cursor over it. Couldn't target it so I force fired and it died. Heard the dying sound and the game CTD. That alien never fired at me so I assume it's a non-combatant but since it was the only alien alive I have no idea what kind of alien it is. When I reload a save I made when I found it the three civilians are now also invisible and the game still crashes when I kill the alien. Repeatedly. Save can be supplied upon request.

Edit: Hidden civilian looked like the one with green circles in stx screenshot. Oh, and I picked up the farmers shotgun and forcefired it to see if it worked. It did.