Do units ever use burst fire during reaction firing?

StellarRat

Have you tried it with the MG as they don't have a single shot mode?
Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen my M60 guy reaction fire, but I can't say for sure that he's ever been in position to do it. I'll try to set him up somehow. The current state of the AI makes this difficult to test as the aliens tend to just hunker down in one spot.

I am 50% sure I had an MG reaction fire ONE shot. I wanted to set up a little test to verify using a full MG squat but haven't gotten around to doing it just yet.

Guess if you got a stationary alien just approach him with like 3-4 MG users he won't be able to kill all of them and in the next round they got full AP and should be able to return fire.

I think it's a problem with reaction fire... (I should so go and post this on the bug forum after getting some more information), but MGs also fire a single shot.
I had a feeling it was messed up... I guess the other question is if a unit has multiple options (lots of AP in reserve) for reaction fire which one SHOULD it pick (burst, snap, aimed???)

If I could choose that would be best, otherwise, I'd always go with burst fire as it has a better chance to pin down (suppress) the alien mid-move (or at least that's how it should work.)

Edited by StellarRat