[25.4 - General] Is 25.4 save compatible with 25.3?

Melee

Game thinks 25.3 saves are loadable. Most recent 25.3 save I tried, crashed during loading. Second most recent crashed when I clicked on it in load dialog. Third crashed too when clicked in load dialog. 

Edited by Melee

I tried it as well, and the fact it's crashing should tell you they're not compatible (it was also mentioned in the announcement). It seems to be caused by something about tutorial notifications, likely related to "Fixed a crash that would occur if you set the Controls Information setting to 3 Missions". To be expected but kind of sad, I wanted to try the endgame mission.

The save games shouldn't be compatible, no. Maybe we made an error and allowed them to be, but if so then I'd expect them to crash on load.

@Melee @Wyldefyre_CP @asdfcyber you can continue your previous playthroughs just by switching back to the Experimental Legacy / Legacy branch (depending on whether you're on standard Steam or Steam Playtest), as that branch always contains the previous version.

• Thanks 1